• 2006 Camry with 30,000 miles at $18,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zombiemobile with 6,000,000,000 miles at $0

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

MattsPats

Zoltan, Space Emperor (of New England)
Reaction score
I need to get another car to replace one that is coming off a lease, but am trying to keep the monthly nut between $250 and $300. So far, these are my two best options:

• 2007 Camry with 10,000 miles at $20,000
  • 2006 Camry with 30,000 miles at $18,000

Regardless of the rate the monthly difference between the two is about $30, which doesn't seem like a lot but would basically equate to one car payment in a year. However, I will be driving this car daily approx. 160 miles (800 in a week for roughly 40,000 miles a year - give or take a few thousand). I will also be driving back and forth to Bakersfield from where I live in Santa Clarita, CA over the "Grapevine," a mountainous and often weather averse portion of the 5 Freeway that reaches 4400 feet at its apex. I am thinking that the 2007 makes the most sense given my main needs, though the 2006 actually has more options (leather seats, wood paneling, etc.). What say the Planet?

Go with newer and less miles since it isn't much difference in payments.

I concur, should still be carrying the manufacturers warranty on it also. Better trade in value in the long run since it will be newer. But do a carfax on the one you decide to buy just in case.

I concur, should still be carrying the manufacturers warranty on it also. Better trade in value in the long run since it will be newer. But do a carfax on the one you decide to buy just in case.

You really should pay for the carfax report.:thumb: You don't need a flood vehicle. :high:

I don't know if wood paneling is all that big a deal, but I most certainly would consider the differences in the options and features of the two cars.

You're going to be spending a reasonable amount of time in the car and the difference in features and comfort (assuming there are any significant ones) would make more of a difference to me than the mileage and price that's listed.

Probably could get a fully loaded Subaru Impreza for around 20,000 brand new, with AWD. Just another option.

Probably could get a fully loaded Subaru Impreza for around 20,000 brand new, with AWD. Just another option.

Might get better financing, and incentives also. Good call.

Legacy GT FTW.

2007_subaru_legacy_gt_sedan.jpg

Might get better financing, and incentives also. Good call.

I am not yet sure what the rate would be, but with the 2007 it could be as low as 3.9% because I think they still consider it "new." Also, since I am returning a leased car from Toyota Financial and because they lurve me they prequaled me for a 100% financing option --which right now is important because I literally have about $500 in cash to my name right now (I will be getting paid in a couple weeks, but want to leverage the end of the month timing with the fact that I want them to cover my last two remaining lease payments). By the way, I just realized the older car is a 2005, not a 2006.

I am not yet sure what the rate would be, but with the 2007 it could be as low as 3.9% because I think they still consider it "new." Also, since I am returning a leased car from Toyota Financial and because they lurve me they prequaled me for a 100% financing option --which right now is important because I literally have about $500 in cash to my name right now (I will be getting paid in a couple weeks, but want to leverage the end of the month timing with the fact that I want them to cover my last two remaining lease payments). By the way, I just realized the older car is a 2005, not a 2006.

That seals the deal then.

Back