OT: Palm Trio 600 - smart phone

PA_PATS_FAN54*

Reaction score
Website
www.a2zpa.com
I've been wanting a smart phone for 3 years now but I was not willing to shell out $200+ for any phone.

Well while I was surfing ebay last week I happened upon a few Blackberry's and Trio's selling for $80 - $200 .... one was listed for $20 ..... I got it for $35.00

To my surprise there is no blue tooth capabilities for a wireless ear piece, nor is there voice recognition to make a call. ... I've found a ton of dead links, fake links, and sites that are willing to re-sell the voice recognition software for $50.00 :blink:

Don't get me wrong this phone is worth every penny I paid for it, but I'd like to do a little more. Does anyone know where I can find some reasonably priced software and what is actually compatible with a palm 600? I'm picking up a 2 gig card for it Tuesday.

Edit: My current carrier is Verizon

I've been wanting a smart phone for 3 years now but I was not willing to shell out $200+ for any phone.

Well while I was surfing ebay last week I happened upon a few Blackberry's and Trio's selling for $80 - $200 .... one was listed for $20 ..... I got it for $35.00

To my surprise there is no blue tooth capabilities for a wireless ear piece, nor is there voice recognition to make a call. ... I've found a ton of dead links, fake links, and sites that are willing to re-sell the voice recognition software for $50.00 :blink:

Don't get me wrong this phone is worth every penny I paid for it, but I'd like to do a little more. Does anyone know where I can find some reasonably priced software and what is actually compatible with a palm 600? I'm picking up a 2 gig card for it Tuesday.

Edit: My current carrier is Verizon

try www.mytreo.net i think they will have what you looking for~

600 is pretty old, but mytreo should have some stuff for it. I just upgraded from my old ohone, the 650. The new Palm software is tits. I have NFL Network on my phone. Sprint rules.

You can do a lot with the Treos. What specifically are you looking to do? I've had Treos for 3 years and may be able to help.

600 is pretty old, but mytreo should have some stuff for it. I just upgraded from my old ohone, the 650. The new Palm software is tits. I have NFL Network on my phone. Sprint rules.

You can do a lot with the Treos. What specifically are you looking to do? I've had Treos for 3 years and may be able to help.
Use a wireless ear piece and voice dial lol that's it. It's what I get for grabbing an older unit ... guess I'll have to upgrade in a month or two and give the wife this one >)

Use a wireless ear piece and voice dial lol that's it. It's what I get for grabbing an older unit ... guess I'll have to upgrade in a month or two and give the wife this one >)

as much as it pains me to admit, blackberry is better overall for data & voice. I am hoping apple gets their shit together for when they make the iphone enterprise. I do not like the fact that my emails(my company's) have to go through servers in a location i have no control over, but alas its the best alternative out there as of this moment

as much as it pains me to admit, blackberry is better overall for data & voice. I am hoping apple gets their shit together for when they make the iphone enterprise. I do not like the fact that my emails(my company's) have to go through servers in a location i have no control over, but alas its the best alternative out there as of this moment

What type of data? I like their email interface a little better, but the web capabilities pwn with Treo. Plus, touch-screen is tits.

What type of data? I like their email interface a little better, but the web capabilities pwn with Treo. Plus, touch-screen is tits.

Emails(it gets them faster than my work mailbox, a big GFY to Lotus Notes) and the phone is much better. The Treo's browser is better for sure, and the touch screen is nice. I am not a big fan of the internet on the phone though small ass screen ;)

Back