OT: Trans Siberian Orchestra

Went to see them last Sunday at the LX Center in Hartford. Very cool show. :clap:

That's all you got?!? "Very cool show" and some applause? Dude! Their show friggin' ROCKS! They've got the best stage/light show I've ever seen (and I've seen everyone from Iron Maiden to Kiss to whoever). Their sound is tight and fast, as if you're listening to the album (which is stunningly impressive given how many instruments and voices are coordinating). They have hot blondes in short black dresses, big guys who can belt out a song, guitar players with smokin' fast fingers.... (Can you tell I like them?)

Surprised you went to Hartford, though, since they'll be at the Dunk on Wednesday. LW and I will be at the 4:00pm show. :)

Surprised you went to Hartford, though, since they'll be at the Dunk on Wednesday. LW and I will be at the 4:00pm show. :)

Just in time for the early bird specials at Denny's afterwards...........

Just in time for the early bird specials at Denny's afterwards...........

They had a 4pm and an 8pm. LW has the day off. There's no particular reason to want or need to be in cold, dark downtown Providence at night, unless you're looking for a hooker. (I'm assuming...)

They had a 4pm and an 8pm. LW has the day off. There's no particular reason to want or need to be in cold, dark downtown Providence at night, unless you're looking for a hooker. (I'm assuming...)

Like I said..........

Their trip to Memphis on the 23rd will be my 4th time. They put on quite a show every time.

They have hot blondes in short black dresses, big guys who can belt out a song, guitar players with smokin' fast fingers.... (Can you tell I like them?)

It's the violinist that gets me all :heart:. Not only is she hot, but the energy she puts out on stage is amazing.

I saw them a few years ago and it was SUCH a great show!!! I mean ya can't go wrong with Christmas music and some rock mixed in to it! Perfect date for this time of year :) *hint hint*

My fav Christmas song is their version of Carol of the Bells

My fav Christmas song is their version of Carol of the Bells

Christmas Eve/Sarajevo. Pretty much the song that put them on the map, and definately total awesomeness.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iY4Tom6-wM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iY4Tom6-wM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Christmas Eve/Sarajevo. Pretty much the song that put them on the map, and definately total awesomeness.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iY4Tom6-wM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iY4Tom6-wM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wow apparently the work filter works in posts too LOL I appreciate your attempt at showing me a video but now with the new work filters we can't do SHIT! I am surprised I am still allowed on here LOLOL

I will take a look later when I am home :)

That's all you got?!? "Very cool show" and some applause? Dude! Their show friggin' ROCKS! They've got the best stage/light show I've ever seen (and I've seen everyone from Iron Maiden to Kiss to whoever). Their sound is tight and fast, as if you're listening to the album (which is stunningly impressive given how many instruments and voices are coordinating). They have hot blondes in short black dresses, big guys who can belt out a song, guitar players with smokin' fast fingers.... (Can you tell I like them?)

We have family closer to Hartford, so we sacrificed and went there.

I've been to many concerts, and their sound was easily the "cleanest" (no distortion) I've ever heard. These guys (and girls) can really rock. The girl on the electric violin (Anna Phoebe) was an absolute show-stealer.

I saw them a few years ago and it was SUCH a great show!!! I mean ya can't go wrong with Christmas music and some rock mixed in to it! Perfect date for this time of year :) *hint hint*

Is that for BsB, or simply, "The quickest Planeteer to respond with a ticket"? ROFL

Their other big hit is "Wizards in Winter", also known as "that song the nutbag in Ohio set to Christmas lights on his house and broadcast on an FM radio channel every night and had people lined up outside, and it got so popular it hit the Web and ended up as a beer commercial"...

I bought the three Christmas albums, along with a DVD, in a box set. Well worth it.

Their other big hit is "Wizards in Winter", also known as "that song the nutbag in Ohio set to Christmas lights on his house and broadcast on an FM radio channel every night and had people lined up outside, and it got so popular it hit the Web and ended up as a beer commercial"...

What's really funny about that is he wasn't the first, or even remotely the best of them. Just a good example of how a vid goes viral I guess. Granted, he did do an excellent program for the lights. I keep telling myself if I get the right house in the right neighborhood, I might just well do the whole programmed thing like that.

Now, if you want to see some people who really go all out on that, check out www.planetchristmas.com. Granted, I LOVE doing the lights and such, but some of these people I can't even imagine what their electric bill is for the holiday.

Back