OT: Want cheap electronics? Circuit City closing

carlgarrett

Still waiting
Reaction score
Circuit City is going out of business and will liquidate the balance of their inventories in ALL stores. Let the bargain hunting begin.

I bought the security system from the store came back later that night and robbed them blind. boy did I make a haul. Just kidding. Going by and checking them out today.

Be careful, liquidators, who probably own all the merchandise at this point, have a penchant for marking things up to the "full" MSRP before giving their discounts (I was in the liquidation biz for a few years), and often times the "sale" price ends up being higher than what it would sell for somewhere else...unfortunately the liquidation atmosphere scares people into making snap decisions on the purchase for fear of losing that last unit in the store (of which there may be 12 more in the back warehouse area). Make sure you do your homework.

Be careful, liquidators, who probably own all the merchandise at this point, have a penchant for marking things up to the "full" MSRP before giving their discounts (I was in the liquidation biz for a few years), and often times the "sale" price ends up being higher than what it would sell for somewhere else...unfortunately the liquidation atmosphere scares people into making snap decisions on the purchase for fear of losing that last unit in the store (of which there may be 12 more in the back warehouse area). Make sure you do your homework.

Nothing sucks worse than standing in a store.... wanting to but something..... and wondering if the price is a good deal.... there is an online service available from your cell phone or PDA..... it is called Frucall www.frucall.com

When you are in a store and looking at an item that is screaming your name and "Buy me. Buy me", just check the price by dialing 888-DO-FRUCALL and entering the UPC. You'll need to sign up (free) for the service first, and then be ready to shop. Frucall will check prices from online services for you.

It works.

I might have to go to the store in warwick and get some cheap stuff.

Jeez... First Linen's and Shit goes under, so I have to travel twice as far to Bed, Bath, and Beyond in order to find Shams for mah bedroom set, and really cool guest towels that I don't allow anyone to use, and now this.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

You just willingly and without force admitted that you buy shams. :D

Jeez... First Linen's and Shit goes under, so I have to travel twice as far to Bed, Bath, and Beyond in order to find Shams for mah bedroom set, and really cool guest towels that I don't allow anyone to use, and now this.

Shams and guest towels.. :shake: The image I had of the savage Injun with lamps made of skulls went right out the door.

And? You should see Teh Awesomeness that is Teh Bedroom in my Musty Love Den. YOu can't tell me that those shams dont' rock :rockon:

Thats you bedroom? How come you we always :hump: on the kitchen counter?

He even makes his bed... Well we kinda do. We have an extra comfy we throw onto the bed as protection. My cat isn't danity about where she throws up her hairball.

I don't think I know what a pillow sham is. That being the case I don't if we even have them. And while I wouldn't really know one way or the other I don't think I ever went shopping for them. Maybe I did and just didn't know it. :shrug:

I don't think I know what a pillow sham is. That being the case I don't if we even have them. And while I wouldn't really know one way or the other I don't think I ever went shopping for them. Maybe I did and just didn't know it. :shrug:

Well, then you have the whole "Standard Sham" versus "European Sham" thing to take into consideration, as well.

And for the record, I'd never actually buy my shams at Linens and Shit or BB&B. Pendleton, Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn yes...

You know how I know you're ghey?

You keep digging the hole deeper, hon....Pottery Barn??? ROFL

Back