Paparazzi find Tom and Gisele in NYC

Re: Re: Re: Warning..sappy soap post

3 Point Stan* on 01-04-2008 at 01:29 PM said:
What is the obsession with snapping shots of celebrities on dates, on vacation, holding hands, etc? People who encourage it are just as pathetic.

Amen. Actually, this type of shit wouldn't happen if there weren't lots of people paying to see the pictures, videos, etc. Except for the occasional weirdo who wants them for "personal use." The consumer is ultimately to blame...

Re: Warning..sappy soap post

PatrietteAz on 01-04-2008 at 12:10 PM said:
I'm gonna get a little soap opera-ish here but hey this thread screams for it anyhow. Its sappy so be warned.

I didn't want to like Gisele (meow) but I can't help but like her now. She doesn't seem like a totally self obsessed maroon, is fairly weel spoken..but most of all she showed that she loves Tom because she has been so great about the birth of his son. It takes a very giving and loving person to be able to deal with that situation. I am glad because his son will be surrounded by loving people.:D
I always liked Gisele actually before she even hooked up with Tom. To me in interviews she's always come across as a really down to earth, cool chick who happens to be a brazillian super model at the same time.

I think it's sweet how Tom seems so protective of her with the paparazzi all in their faces. It's cold and windy as hell outside and they are trying to get a taxi with all these cameras blocking them and flashing lights in ther faces. That's got to be annoying. No wonder they looked pissed.

Re: Re: Warning..sappy soap post

aquariuspatsfan on 01-04-2008 at 09:53 PM said:
I always liked Gisele actually before she even hooked up with Tom.

Second that. She seems pretty sweet when on Conan or Leno. A pretty cool girl who is so damn sexy. I lover her husky accent voice. Drives me nuts! She seems very down to earth and a pretty smart business woman (Forbes said she made $33 million in 07 alone!). You can tell Conan and Leno love her, she makes them laugh and blush at the same time.

Flip that to Tom's former girl Bridget. Beauty, no doubt, but certainly not a very talented actress by any means. I remember her being on Conan promoting her TV show last fall, she was a mess in the interview. She looked amazing, but could not get comfortable. Conan did a bit on Brady and she was gushing over it and and kept telling him what a great boyfriend he was (ummm, 2 months later they broke up and she was pregnant) Her appearance on Conan reminded me how nervous I felt in watching her in I, Robot. Something about her seems unsettled and I don't like her acting at all. She is just in movies because she is drop dead gorgeous (former models who try act in serious movies is a pet peeve). Anyway, in I, Robot, I honestly thought that the twist would be her ripping off her mask face and being the leader of the Robots in the end. That is how robotic her acting was. Pretty lame movie and pretty bad performance.

Also, I think Gisele age suits Tom better.

Re: Re: Re: Warning..sappy soap post

[
Also, I think Gisele age suits Tom better. [/B][/QUOTE]

Age has nothing to do with it..people are either compatible or they're not. My husband is alot younger than I am and many people have great relationships with older/younger people. Just so ya know..:D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Warning..sappy soap post

Age has nothing to do with it..people are either compatible or they're not. My husband is alot younger than I am and many people have great relationships with older/younger people. Just so ya know..:D [/B]

Well, in this case it had ALOT to do with it. Bridget, almost 40 dating a guy that was not ready to get married. I think that is what caused the eventual breakup and her need to have a child.

You're right sometimes / alot of times ages does mean nothing, but I said Gisele's age suits TOM better. Gisele's clock isn't ticking yet. Bridget's was ticking like Big Ben.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Warning..sappy soap post

DrewWho on 01-05-2008 at 05:51 AM said:
Well, in this case it had ALOT to do with it. Bridget, almost 40 dating a guy that was not ready to get married. I think that is what caused the eventual breakup and her need to have a child.

You're right sometimes / alot of times ages does mean nothing, but I said Gisele's age suits TOM better. Gisele's clock isn't ticking yet. Bridget's was ticking like Big Ben.

Maybe this is a semantics thing but it is important to me..again it wasn't age per se..it was where in life these two were. Timing..it is all about timing and things can change if a person falls in love. I won't get into specifics but I LIVED this and so did my husband of 11 years who was "not ready to get married" then met me.

Blargh..I AM a View host aren't I? Who knew? ROFL

BTW is there a place on this board for non sports related posting? I'm still a major noob and still finding my way around.:)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Warning..sappy soap post

PatrietteAz on 01-05-2008 at 08:06 AM said:
BTW is there a place on this board for non sports related posting? I'm still a major noob and still finding my way around.:)
This is the right place. Pretty much everything goes in the main forum, except for politics and smack talk. This forum sometimes is more interesting in the off-season than during football season.

Back