Pats have fewest dropped passes

Only 11 drops? Really? Doesn't Gronk have four in the last two games? Or does "going through" and "bouncing off" the intended target's hands not count as a "drop"?

Only 11 drops? Really? Doesn't Gronk have four in the last two games? Or does "going through" and "bouncing off" the intended target's hands not count as a "drop"?

I assume that it's similar to baseball regarding an error on a throwing play. It could be a throwing error or an error of the guy catching the ball.

Some of those passes by Brady have not been in an easy place to catch, they might not count as a "drop" in this statistic.

I assume that it's similar to baseball regarding an error on a throwing play. It could be a throwing error or an error of the guy catching the ball.

Some of those passes by Brady have not been in an easy place to catch, they might not count as a "drop" in this statistic.

Actually they do not count drops unless it hits the receivers hand unless.....remember the play where hernandez dropped that one in the endzone and it went for an int? That is not counted as a drop.

Actually they do not count drops unless it hits the receivers hand unless.....remember the play where hernandez dropped that one in the endzone and it went for an int? That is not counted as a drop.

If the receiver has to reach behind themselves, and barely get a hand on the ball, is that considered a drop?

I would think that should be on the QB. Of course, the team might blame the receiver if they were running the wrong route, but you get my point.

Seems an odd way to score it. Not doubting you, though.

If the receiver has to reach behind themselves, and barely get a hand on the ball, is that considered a drop?

I would think that should be on the QB. Of course, the team might blame the receiver if they were running the wrong route, but you get my point.

Well the pats are 3rd in completion pct, so there are not that many bad passes. Its weird because last year the pats were pretty high in dropped passes.

Seems an odd way to score it. Not doubting you, though.

Yeah an int no matter how it happens is not considered a drop. Not sure what the criteria is for a drop though, two hands, one hand. I think they have a stat for catchable passes.

Well the pats are 3rd in completion pct, so there are not that many bad passes. Its weird because last year the pats were pretty high in dropped passes.

OTOH, I've seen Gronk and Welker (of course, Welker) catch several that were not really on target. I guess maybe it evens out at some point.

Maybe it's like tipped-pass INTs. Last season, IIRC, there were several Brady passes tipped by intended targets that hit the ground instead of being caught by a defender. This season, the defenders are hanging on. Seems to me like Brees and Brady have sort of swapped seasons in that regard.

Back