Pats offense is just futile

What has our fanbase become??CMon people it isn't the REFS fault or Obrien's fault(he had some bearing) but brady missed OPEN guys and threw to ghosts. There is one thing that epitomizes Tom's play today..the delay games and horrid out of synch play with the game clock.

Did Brady not have guys in his face all day long today? You criticize the fan base but actually I am amused by folks like you who have been spoiled by Tom's play for so long that you immediately blame him when it appears he had a bad day. Today was by far not his best day but he is probably the least of the worries after watching today's game.

We saw what he is still capable of in the 4th Qtr last week even coming off a major injury. The Jets defense was not going to allow a repeat performance of that today. There were guys in his face all day, even late in the game when you would have expected a prevent type defense.

I disagree. The sky isn't falling, but the playcalling is the biggest concern I have with this team. We absolutely NEED the offense to set the tone and score points. We saw today, as good as the defense was in the first half, the offense didn't do their job and what should've been a game well under control turned into an "oh shit!" game with essentially one play by NY. There sure are execution problems, and maybe it's a chicken-egg thing with Brady. Is he playing tentative and shitty because the calls are bad, or are the bad calls causing him to play that way? Either way, I don't like what I see pre-snap, let alone when you throw in the poor execution. But I do know that he is the biggest variable in this equation. I put the blame there because I trust that the players can do more.

We need to establish a running game, and we absolutely refuse to do so in a manner that isn't blatantly obvious to everyone watching what/where we are going when we run.

And when they do start running the ball they inexplicably stop, I agree.

Again, O'Brien bears some responsibility; but he can't make the guys catch the ball, and he can't make the guys block, and he can't make Tommy throw accurately.

To me, the big problem today was that Brady had Marc Wilson-esque accuracy (a problem he did NOT have v. Buffalo, btw) You can't tell me that was all blitz. I mean, all in all, I thought they did a decent job picking it up. Usually, against blitzes, he doesn't have that problem.

1. Brady had his worst game in his career.
2. Galloway is old and done.
3. No Welker
4. Our offensive line sucks.
5. Play calling sucked.

I cant say anything bad about our D because our O didnt put 1 TD on the board.

What has our fanbase become??CMon people it isn't the REFS fault or Obrien's fault(he had some bearing) but brady missed OPEN guys and threw to ghosts. There is one thing that epitomizes Tom's play today..the delay games and horrid out of synch play with the game clock.

Did Brady not have guys in his face all day long today? You criticize the fan base but actually I am amused by folks like you who have been spoiled by Tom's play for so long that you immediately blame him when it appears he had a bad day. Today was by far not his best day but he is probably the least of the worries after watching today's game.

We saw what he is still capable of in the 4th Qtr last week even coming off a major injury. The Jets defense was not going to allow a repeat performance of that today. There were guys in his face all day, even late in the game when you would have expected a prevent type defense.

Whatever..he had some pressure but he also made some HORROFIC passes. I was talking about people who are calling the pats the "worst team" in the NFL who are supposedly fans. Divisional loss on the road is NOT the end of the road by any stretch and I am sick of SO much knee jerking over a loss. TOM had a bad game. That isn't the end of anything just a bad game. What did I say that dissed either what he has done or what he will get back too? I was talking ONE frigging game.

Now go after the OTHERS in here who said the same thing I did with such vitriol or do you just save that for me and if so why? I am sick of it. I say the same thing as others and you guys pile on me.

My apologies if you thought I was piling on you. That was not my intention and maybe I misunderstood your point. It felt like you were throwing much of the blame for this loss solely on Brady which I think you and everyone else know is not the case.

The Pats fan base is so accustomed to Tom playing well week in and week out that sometimes we forget he is only human and only one guy on an 11 man offense.

Yeah, he didn't play well today but I'm pretty doubtful that BB is going to find many positives when they look at the offensive game film. About the only two positives I can come up with are the rook WR who showed flashes in between his drops today and the fact that Brady didn't have to be carried off the field at any point today. The running game looked good with Taylor on a few plays but as others pointed out, there was no commitment there to run the ball.

After watching our game and others at the same time/following it, the one thing I wondered constantly was: where the **** were our tight-ends? Seriously! The common theme in other games was - big blitz = openings in the defense and many catches by the TEs over the middle. Tommy was under pressure all day long but how was it that he was under extreme pressure AND there was no one to throw the ball too?

I'm not saying TFB played a great game because obviously that isn't the case, but it seemed to me that the receivers did a terrible job of actually finding space to make catches or give him chances to get rid of the ball. The few times Brady had time to throw (ie. the blitz was well blocked) I almost barfed at how much time he needed to try and find someone open. Were the guys seriously having that much trouble finding space?

I didn't like our gameplan (why so little commitment to the run?); I think TFB is definitely still rusty and out of sync with the offense; I again appreciate everything Welker does.

That being said, I don't think it's time to panic just yet but there needs to be some serious changes moving forward.

My apologies if you thought I was piling on you. That was not my intention and maybe I misunderstood your point. It felt like you were throwing much of the blame for this loss solely on Brady which I think you and everyone else know is not the case.

The Pats fan base is so accustomed to Tom playing well week in and week out that sometimes we forget he is only human and only one guy on an 11 man offense.

Yeah, he didn't play well today but I'm pretty doubtful that BB is going to find many positives when they look at the offensive game film. About the only two positives I can come up with are the rook WR who showed flashes in between his drops today and the fact that Brady didn't have to be carried off the field at any point today. The running game looked good with Taylor on a few plays but as others pointed out, there was no commitment there to run the ball.

:thumb: That is kind of what I meant by the fan base comment Dan.

No worries.

b) We didn't adjust our play calling to the constant blitzes. (We could have gone with more rushing when it seemed to work? Could have tried more screens? Could have done something to set up Moss in the second half?)

Obviously this is a matter of having a collective off day, but it used to be that when we did, play was adjusted to it and we'd win anyway when the other team only scores 16.

+1 Totally agree.

The lack of runs and screens against a blitz happy D was baffling.

When the Pats have lost in the last few years, many times it has seemed to stem from an inability to adjust play calling to suit in game situations.

Plus..Brady cant do much while standing on the sidelines watching the "D" suck azz on every 3rd down.

Back