Pats working out Howard

NewsZombieBot

Newsie
Reaction score
As part of their extensive draft preparations, the Patriots are holding a private workout today with Georgia DE/LB Marcus Howard.
Teams looking to boost their pass rush are likely to take a close look at Howard, as he led Georgia with 10.5 sacks last season. His 4.45 time in the 40-yard dash has drawn attention this offseason.
At 6-foot-2, 245 pounds, Howard could play defensive end in some 4-3 schemes (e.g. the Colts), but would be a linebacker for 3-4 clubs like the Patriots. If Howard does end up with a 3-4 club, he could play on the line in sub packages.
He is projected as an early- to mid-round pick.
The Patriots, like other clubs, hold numerous private workouts. In most cases, they reflect that more information is being sought before the team places a final grade on the player.

More...

The bigger and faster the player is for a tweener ,the better!!!!!! This guy is too light. :(
245 is too light? That's at least as big as Colvin, and he played the OLB/DE role fine for us.

245 is too light? That's at least as big as Colvin, and he played the OLB/DE role fine for us.
Colvin was listed as 250, but I agree that Howard's weight is good since Tedy plays at 247. 245 is the lightest "starting" weight for any Pats' LB going back to the 2001 roster, for a rookie it's a nice weight to bring to camp. :thumb:

Colvin was listed as 250, but I agree that Howard's weight is good since Tedy plays at 247. 245 is the lightest "starting" weight for any Pats' LB going back to the 2001 roster, for a rookie it's a nice weight to bring to camp. :thumb:
I know Colvin was listed at 250, but he always looked smaller to me, like 235ish. Maybe it's just me.

Back