Poignant picture of the day....

Roberto71

Reaction score
Says it all...

12932568_2235680403121673_9216164016258424563_n.jpg

The Greatest Generation is fading fast. Most of the younger vets would be turning 90 now. My Dad wasn't old enough to enlist until the war was winding down (December '44) and he would have been 90 this year.

I just finished watching World War 2 apocalypse in color, and I don't think this world of ours could handle another War like that. Over 40 million people died in World War II. More than half of them were civilians. I don't think our country is mentally prepared to handle another War like that either. Today's generation is much softer around the edges and care more about video games and the Kardashians. The United States just finished dealing with the Great Depression at the start of World War 2 where people had trouble finding their next meal. This current generation of ours gets everything handed to them on a silver platter, and even the poor people have it easier. We still have a homeless population obviously, but in general our country has been very complacent and has really relied Upon Our nuclear Arsenal they keep us safe from outside forces. Someday though this country will need the skills necessary to win Another World War. Unfortunately we lost our industrial might and that was a key reason why we won World War 2. Our country was pumping out tanks and ships at incredible pace. God help us all we ever had a terrorist attack on the electrical grid system. Then we will be back in the Dark Ages once again and many countless Millions will die as a result of starvation, looting and competition for food...

Powerful, emotional, image - that's one for the ages.

Thanks Roberto.

Thanks for sharing

~Dee~

Back