Prince Fielder signs with Tigers, 9 years, $214 million?

Fielder's contract is spaced out pretty evenly.

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/prin...money-up-front-bonus-and-a-suite-on-the-road/

That's backloaded, I guess, but only slightly.

A technicality, all-in-all.

Apparently, the Tigers are still one of six teams seriously pursuing Cuban defector Yoenis Cespedes.

I don't expect it to happen, but it's surprising that they're still making a strong push.

It ain't my money.
:rockon:

I've been touting this for years now as a Red Sox fan.

Apparently, the Tigers are still one of six teams seriously pursuing Cuban defector Yoenis Cespedes.

I don't expect it to happen, but it's surprising that they're still making a strong push.

It ain't my money.

:rockon:

Just out of curiosity, how'd you wind up as a Tigers fan? I would have thought perhaps a Reds fan, or Cubs, etc.

The Tigers are my second MLB team after the Sox. My mother and her family are from Michigan.

Just out of curiosity, how'd you wind up as a Tigers fan? I would have thought perhaps a Reds fan, or Cubs, etc.

The Tigers are my second MLB team after the Sox. My mother and her family are from Michigan.

Yeah, most of the kids around me were Cubs or Reds fans, and the occasional White Sox fan.

We spent our Spring Breaks in Lakeland, Florida, where the Tigers have spring training.

My (distant) aunt worked at the hotel where the Tigers stayed, and she was always talking about Sparky and the boys, which got me interested in them.

I'm not sure exactly when I became a full-fledged fan, but I know that when we moved to Lakeland in 1986 for a while, I was already a die-hard Tigers fan.

On the plus side, from what I've seen, Prince and Cecil seem to be moving towards reconciliation. And I'm guessing that Prince playing for the next nine years where Cecil Fielder had his best days will only bring them closer.

That's definitely one positive from this situation, assuming they continue to come back together.

On the plus side, from what I've seen, Prince and Cecil seem to be moving towards reconciliation. And I'm guessing that Prince playing for the next nine years where Cecil Fielder had his best days will only bring them closer.

That's definitely one positive from this situation, assuming they continue to come back together.

I know at this point, Cecil's highly motivated to bury the hatchet. :coffee:

Cheers, bostonTim

Oh, and hitting home-runs is MUCH harder to do in Detroit now than it was in the old Tiger Stadium.

Briggs. :LOL: The Right Field Upper Deck was in danger of falling on the second baseman. How many Homers did I watch Teddy Ballgame launch there? And June 18, 1975? Fred Lynn had what may be the greatest game in baseball history - three home runs, a triple, and a single. He drove in a Sox record 10 runs and collected an American League record 16 total bases.

It was a pitchers Nightmare. Making Denny McLains 1968 31-6 season even more incredible.

Cheers, BostonTim

Back