Random Beer News

PatriotInIndy

I Do My Job
Reaction score
One of my favorite breweries in Indiana, Tin Man, is shipping to Massachusetts now. They make outstanding sour beers and the rest of their line up is really solid as well. If you like sours, try the Weld series they release. All of them are good, but look out for the rhubarb sour. I was shocked by how good that was. Damascene is their year-round, flagship sour. It's apricot and damn tasty.

Rivet, Cafe Leche, Dry Cell and Csar are my other favorites. Rivet is an Irish red, Cafe Leche is a coffee porter as I'm sure you guessed, and Dry Cell is an Irish dry stout. Csar is a Russian Imperial packing a 12% ABV punch.

If you like IPAs, Overlord is very good. I go in and out of liking IPAs, but when I'm in the mood this is a good one. 9% ABV.

Circuit is a solid pilsner you can crush on warmer days.

http://tinmanbrewing.com/

When will Amazon start selling Prime Booze? I know they sell wine (not FBA though)...but, microbrews and small batch likker would be amazing.

The states need to have the same regs for their likker license/ing. Also for Mary Jane too...

12% ABV

9% ABV.

:toast:

:dbanana::dbanana:

:purgatory:

desismileys_6210.gif

When will Amazon start selling Prime Booze? I know they sell wine (not FBA though)...but, microbrews and small batch likker would be amazing.

The states need to have the same regs for their likker license/ing. Also for Mary Jane too...

Dude when they get the Prime Booze business figured out, and then combine it with the drone deliveries......

Thats a gamechanger right there

I don't know what current laws in Indiana are now, but the last time my wife had wine shipped here it was ridiculous. She got me a couple bottles of Twenty Four Wines, which is Charles Woodson's wine. The two bottles were $40 and shipping was $50.

Almost forgot, for you fellow pumpkin beer lovers Herald is fantastic. One of my favorites, but since Falls City bought them, I'm not sure if that's going to stay in rotation. It's not showing up on their website anymore which is disappointing.

Virginia is turning into a beer paradise. wuv

Richmond has as many craft breweries per capita as any city in the US- many of which are amazing (ANswer, Triple Crossing, The Veil)
Additionally, VA has attracted East Coast outposts of some of the big West Coast breweries- Stone (Richmond), Ballast Point (Roanoke), Green Flash (VA Beach), Deschutes (Roanoke)...

Beer is good.

Richmond has as many craft breweries per capita as any city in the US- many of which are amazing (ANswer, Triple Crossing, The Veil)
Additionally, VA has attracted East Coast outposts of some of the big West Coast breweries- Stone (Richmond), Ballast Point (Roanoke), Green Flash (VA Beach), Deschutes (Roanoke)...

Beer is good.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to keep an eye open for some VA beers. Haven't noticed any available in Indiana yet, but I typically stick with IN and MI beers so I haven't really been looking.

Beer is good.
I lived in the Point Loma section of San Diego for a year.

It was about a mile to walk to the Stone Brewery Beer Garden in Liberty Station.

It was also about a mile to crawl home.

Good times.

BEYW_stone1.JPG

Perhaps you're right - but I would need to do some more data collection to be sure. Next time I'm out there I'll perform another experiment or two.

Factor Alpine into your analysis- maybe my favorite SD brewer

I don't know what current laws in Indiana are now, but the last time my wife had wine shipped here it was ridiculous. She got me a couple bottles of Twenty Four Wines, which is Charles Woodson's wine. The two bottles were $40 and shipping was $50.

Amazon has deals on wine...if you buy three bottles, the shipping is fifteen pennies.

Beer is good.

Deschutes has a brewery in the east? The same Deschutes from Bend, Oregon?

Yes, the Black Butte Porter might be the best beer I ever had. It’s yummy.

One of the better ones for sure! :toast:

They also have some limited edition cask beers that taste like whiskey and cherries. The percent is around 12%.

Back