Random Thoughts

The last two sentences capture the evolutionary change from higher mammal to the human species, from automatic awareness to a volitional, self-generated consciousness, from the group to the individual, and from the morality of altruism to the morality of rational egoism. The difference between animal and man.

130778754_10158723482672534_941476353208676359_o[1].jpg

From one of the greatest books, I have ever read. And surprisingly one of Mitchner's least known.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
"Tonight you've been introduced to 2 wonders, the beautiful and the stupendous. There are, we judge, 100 billion other galaxies out there and if we ever lift a telescope up above our atmospheric interruption I'm sure it will reveal another 100 billion. For space is limitless, it goes on forever.
Always remember, John, you and I live on a minor planet attached to a minor star at the far edge of a minor galaxy. We live here briefly and when we are gone we are forgotten and one day the galaxies will be gone too.

The only morality that makes sense is to do something useful with the brief time we are allotted. " James A. Michener - Space

Quickest I've ever gotten ready for work. My normal Saturday/Sunday alarm time is 6:15am. My alarm for getting up to get Elizabeth to school is 8:15am. Guess which one I turned on last night. I made it to work by 9am. It takes me 20 minutes to drive to work.

Last edited:
I have two eyes to see your light,
I have two arms to hold you tight.
I have but one mouth to wish you well,
I have but one heart with pride, and love it swells

Truth is correspondence to reality.

I wish toys r us/babies r us was still around in physical stores. It was the best place to buy baby clothes/things besides buy buy baby. The nearest buy buy baby is an hour away. Walmart and Meijer don't do much for furniture/clothes selection.

I wish toys r us/babies r us was still around in physical stores. It was the best place to buy baby clothes/things besides buy buy baby. The nearest buy buy baby is an hour away. Walmart and Meijer don't do much for furniture/clothes selection.

Do you have a Carrter's? It's a a great place we have for kids clothes.

Nope, we have nothing. That is the downside to living in a smaller (100k) county. The plus side is that if you live in a good side of town, you really don't have to worry about crime or much of anything.

From my poet/author/artist/ art gallery owner and all-around renaissance man friend. Brilliant:

A winter's gift for you ~ a favorite short story from my Lunch Break collection.
April's Justice

The point of focus was sixty yards away, four-and-a-half feet above the ground, centered over the wheel ruts of the frozen dirt drive where the drive crested the hill. There was nothing at that point, nothing but the chill, gray December air. The air was held steadily on the tip of a bladed front sight. The blade was couched snugly in a tight “U” notch—the rear sight of a 1903 Springfield .30-06. Inside the rifle’s chamber, a small lead ball waited impatiently for a slight contraction of the muscles of the finger on the trigger. On command, the ball would spin madly out of the barrel’s biting, spiraling grooves and, within a fifteenth of a second, hiss across the short distance. Should a man happen to be walking up the drive from the road at that moment, it would be his misfortune to cross the path of the ball—with his chest.

The thought gave her satisfaction, but she didn’t smile. Her cheek was pressed hard against the rifle’s walnut stock, the occasional snowflake that landed on her face melting there, unnoticed. The cold, oil-cleaned barrel lay steadied across the top of a neat stack of firewood. Over the summer, she had bruised her shoulder again and again as from varying distances she blasted jars and tins to smithereens. The bruises were yellow now; the weapon had become familiar, a constant companion, like the quilted blanket she had carried with her everywhere as a child....

111798556-565x376_1[1].jpg

I can't go down to MA to see my mom in a beautiful care facility cuz of this crap. But our beautiful friend Muse just sent her a card yesterday.

Such an amazing and sweet woman. My mom too. :)

I know someone who works in a retirement place. when they were allowing visitors, they were not allowing physical contact. she told me that one grandma insisted on hugging her grandkids. she said,"i lived through WII...i'm not afraid. i'm hugging my grandkids. " she definitely has a point!

Neighbors to my wife's parents got covid, they are in their upper 80's. I was talking to them at the grocery store the other day now that they are clear to go out again. I probably wouldn't but I'm not afraid to visit them for short periods with precautions. Luckily they still live on their own.

😲 Lucy was truly a special woman.

Lucille "Lucy" Désirée Ball (6 August 1911 – 29 April 1989; age 77) was an actress and comedienne best known for her titular role on I Love Lucy. During the mid-1960s, she was the owner and chief executive of Desilu Studios and as such responsible for approving the initial production of Star Trek: The Original Series.

131266609_806027836620723_4577910672891031886_o[1].jpg

I seem to not have a hate people button. I dislike some but most are pretty wonderful in their own unique ways.

The DNA test results are in...You're the father. :)

131239310_898630564277136_5970217269685981704_n[1].jpg

Back