Random Thoughts

You didn't use the fucking Tupperware that we picked out to match the curtains. Wtf is wrong with you? :rofl: :rofl:

1.jpg

Nichelle Nichols. Star Treks Uhura with a representation of TV's first interracial kiss with William Shatner. Wow!

129615768_5135515789799841_3530280879223371731_o[1].jpg

Freaking Echoes, man. WTH. Something so brilliant by some that were so young.

This is what I mean when I say that musicians, no matter how wrong, have their finger on the pulse.

Wow.

And this is just incredible and set the tone for their epic work going forward.

"Through the window in my wall
Comes streaming in on sunlight wings
A million bright ambassadors of the morning
And no one sings me lullabies

And no one makes me close my eyes
So I throw the windows wide
And call to you across the sky"

View: https://youtu.be/HuBqE9xGtiQ

One of the best concerts I saw. Saw it with my ex-longtime girlfriend cuz the dumbass was so jealous of me heading to Boston clubs so often she wanted to see what was so interesting.

Yeah, that didn't work out well. When the mosh pit opened up at the beginning of the first song she started screaming and wanted to leave.

I stayed for most of it though while she hung out at the bar.

But just fucking right, we are not as others and that's what gives import to our lives, I think.

View: https://youtu.be/PFH8mQ7uusQ

My obsession lately has been reading about the Ringling Brothers Circus train. While I wouldn't want to live on a train like that for much longer then a few weeks, it sounded interesting. One of the ringmasters in the early 2000's (Kevin Venardos) was a news media guy for CBS news and after he retired, he took a few trips with his son. I came across the videos his dad made a while ago and lately have been rewatching them. Here is one but there three more on the channel this is on.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFYpoAzURGs

It is sad that kids nowadays won't even get to experience seeing a circus train or possibly going to a circus as many don't exist much anymore. It has also been interesting trying to find where RBBB circus stayed in winter when they were still going, where the trains went, etc. There seems to be one traveling carnival that transports rides by train still (Strates shows). At one point, the red and blue units for Ringling Brothers were the longest privately owned trains. Some of the old circus train cars went to Wisconsin, some of the train cars went to Florida to a educational farm to be used for housing for summer camps, some of the cars are sitting in a forest in North Carolina NCDot bought some to use on a railroad and then got a grant to buy new cars), and the rest who knows.

When my girls get older or are out of the house, I want to take a train trip out west.

My obsession lately has been reading about the Ringling Brothers Circus train. While I wouldn't want to live on a train like that for much longer then a few weeks, it sounded interesting. One of the ringmasters in the early 2000's (Kevin Venardos) was a news media guy for CBS news and after he retired, he took a few trips with his son. I came across the videos his dad made a while ago and lately have been rewatching them. Here is one but there three more on the channel this is on.

It is sad that kids nowadays won't even get to experience seeing a circus train or possibly going to a circus as many don't exist much anymore. It has also been interesting trying to find where RBBB circus stayed in winter when they were still going, where the trains went, etc. There seems to be one traveling carnival that transports rides by train still (Strates shows). At one point, the red and blue units for Ringling Brothers were the longest privately owned trains. Some of the old circus train cars went to Wisconsin, some of the train cars went to Florida to a educational farm to be used for housing for summer camps, some of the cars are sitting in a forest in North Carolina NCDot bought some to use on a railroad and then got a grant to buy new cars), and the rest who knows.

When my girls get older or are out of the house, I want to take a train trip out west.

My old friend Chris from HS was a Ringling Bros clown. Went to their clown college and stuff. Weird cat but kinda cool.

My old friend Chris from HS was a Ringling Bros clown. Went to their clown college and stuff. Weird cat but kinda cool.
Cool, I know it sounds weird but exploring other jobs while not being tied down to them except a week or two sounds fun. I learned how mill from a friend who owns a historic roller mill locally. I think it would be neat to run a roller coaster for 3-4 days. Conveniently I have a friend who owns an amusement park in Birmingham Alabama.

Cftte, i loved being a temp for that very reason, doing a bunch of jobs with no tie down. i get bored by routine monotonous tasks so temping is great.

Don’t get me wrong, I love what I do and it is never boring. If it is, I just get on here, haha. Doing something out of the norm every once in a while is good. Another thing I would love to do is go for a week with a band. I won’t mind load in/outs. I already do that when I can locally. Also conveniently I have a friend who is in band. I have helped load in or out many times over the past ten years. Even after I bought vip tickets I skipped out on the after show vip stuff to help test down/load out. Sometimes with shows being an hour away. At one of his bands shows was were I proposed (and they got video of it).

View: https://youtu.be/XZj43GHhAvQ

At 3:17 is my part.

Cftte, i loved being a temp for that very reason, doing a bunch of jobs with no tie down. i get bored by routine monotonous tasks so temping is great.

I ran a painting business for many years and loved it for this reason. Every job and every day was different.

The comments to this are incredible to me. Having grown up in an upper-middle-class family I just have a hard time picturing this but it is so amazing, the kindness and level of ingenuity.

Wow!!!

126339712_703388157239303_3477750129673422795_o[1].jpg

"We lived in Apopka in 1951, only the one year before moving to Orlando in 1952. My dad bought 40 acres & raised chickens...sooo..Mother would use the chicken feed sacks & made me shorts, shirts, skirts & pajamas! They were pretty cute! I was in the 7th grade & you could see other girls "wore feed sacks"! :LOL: "

"Yes my Mom used sacks to make my cloths she would tell Dad what to get.They were pretty."

"I remember my Mom made me a shirt which I wore to school, it was like a coat of many colors.
☺️
"

Bwahahaha!!!

What does sasquatch, monoliths, pyramids, bass pro, and the ghost of Elvis have in common?
Come Watson, the game is afoot!
"When I was walking in Memphis
I was walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
Walking in Memphis
But do I really feel the way I feel?"

1.jpg

Love circus though its time is mostly past. A novel I really enjoyed was Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. Really draws you into a very realistic traveling circus milieu with lots of tough moments.

It's a the story of an old man reliving his life as a circus Vet.

Cheers, BostonTim

Bwahahaha!!!

What does sasquatch, monoliths, pyramids, bass pro, and the ghost of Elvis have in common?
Come Watson, the game is afoot!
"When I was walking in Memphis
I was walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
Walking in Memphis
But do I really feel the way I feel?"

View attachment 995
It was an art project...

I didn't know some of these but Child World was an epic toy store when I was a kid and Woolworths had a great selection of albums, I'm talking 33's, and I bought my first 2 there, AC/DC's For Those About To Rock and The Rolling Stones live album, Still Life.

Such memories.

129709073_10100734497907655_8561716842465250359_n[1].jpg

Back