Ranking the NFL: Insider grading on every franchise

Reaction score
The date of this article is 5/29 so if this was already posted, oops...my bad.

Earlier this year, an NFL head coach challenged me on something I said about an organization being "great."

He told me to crunch the numbers. So I did.

As a result, we have our first annual NFL organization rankings here on FOXSports.com.

Every NFL team was graded on eight categories:

# Owner
# Front office
# Head coach
# Coaching staff
# Quarterback
# Offense
# Defense
# Intangibles

These were the suggested criteria for judgment from the head coach.

The intangibles category includes criteria ranging from fan support to stadiums and facilities to public relations staff. The coach who sparked this concept was adamant I include PR staffs within intangibles, with how they shape coach and player happiness and the fine line between perception and reality with fans and media.

The highest grade you can get in a category is a 10, with 1 being the lowest. Grades were given either as round numbers or with a ".5".

Remember, this is NOT a power ranking. I know that there are teams in the top 10 I won't pick for the playoffs.

So here you go, the first edition of a soon-to-be annual list.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9601836/Ranking-the-NFL-franchises?gt1=39002

(with vid links for each team)

Not a surprise although I thought the colts were a little low.

I have to give Adam :thumb::thumb: and both big toes for his comments on the Broncos and the Browns.

Not a surprise although I thought the colts were a little low.
We just overhauled our entire coaching staff. So it's not really a suprise, and IMO more than fair. I have more confidence in who we've hired then he does, but I'm a fan. He even said if he did it last year we would have been number 2, like a point away from the Patriots.

We just overhauled our entire coaching staff. So it's not really a suprise, and IMO more than fair. I have more confidence in who we've hired then he does, but I'm a fan. He even said if he did it last year we would have been number 2, like a point away from the Patriots.

Yeah but the pats just lost its offensive coordinator and he didnt say a word about that.

Yeah but the pats just lost its offensive coordinator and he didnt say a word about that.

that's because you or I could step in and run that offense with Brady under center and have it score 500 points.

that's because you or I could step in and run that offense with Brady under center and have it score 500 points.

Yeah but you are not supposed to say that, everyone is supposed to believe mcdaniels was the force behind the pats offense and now its over.

Back