Red Sux

Angels get Josh Hamilton, we get Brian Dumpster....WTF!

Don't know who Brian Dumpster is, but Ryan Dempster is a guy you can usually pencil in for about 200 IP and a 150+Ks...doesn't walk a lot of guys and throws a lot of ground balls.

I was excited until I read this:

"Over his career against Boston's AL East opponents, Dempster is 4-8 in 17 starts with a 4.91 ERA (58 earned runs over 106 1/3 innings). He has been particularly poor against the Yankees. In five starts against them, he is 0-4 with a 7.62 ERA, surrendering eight homers and walking 18 over 28 1/3 innings.

Against teams with a winning percentage of .500 or better over his career, Dempster is 51-72 (.415) with a 4.65 ERA. Faciing sub-.500 teams, he is 73-52 (.584) with a 4.01 ERA."

Link:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story...ter-boston-red-sox-agree-two-year-deal-source

I was excited until I read this:

"Over his career against Boston's AL East opponents, Dempster is 4-8 in 17 starts with a 4.91 ERA (58 earned runs over 106 1/3 innings). He has been particularly poor against the Yankees. In five starts against them, he is 0-4 with a 7.62 ERA, surrendering eight homers and walking 18 over 28 1/3 innings.

Against teams with a winning percentage of .500 or better over his career, Dempster is 51-72 (.415) with a 4.65 ERA. Faciing sub-.500 teams, he is 73-52 (.584) with a 4.01 ERA."

Link:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story...ter-boston-red-sox-agree-two-year-deal-source

Now Lackey has a friend in the dugout.

And sux against the Yankees. We are cellar dwellers again.

As long as a true rebuilding effort is underway I don't need a championship season every year to validate my fanhood.

I can live with a couple years of sucking if the long term results pan out. I'm not one of those idiots on the Globe Sox forums that absolutely freak out over every move the Sox make or fail to make. Dempster was one of the more affordable and better arms available this off season. The bullpen was a strength for a majority of the season last year, the Sox have added to it by signing Uehara. If healthy, the Sox have two outstanding arms at the front of the rotation in Buchholz and Lester...and Farrell was instrumental in their development.

Seriously, who do YOU think they should have singed?

As long as a true rebuilding effort is underway I don't need a championship season every year to validate my fanhood.

I can live with a couple years of sucking if the long term results pan out. I'm not one of those idiots on the Globe Sox forums that absolutely freak out over every move the Sox make or fail to make. Dempster was one of the more affordable and better arms available this off season. The bullpen was a strength for a majority of the season last year, the Sox have added to it by signing Uehara. If healthy, the Sox have two outstanding arms at the front of the rotation in Buchholz and Lester...and Farrell was instrumental in their development.

I agree, put some good leadership in place and start mixing in the kids to learn from good clubhouse guys.

HE is in a very loaded Offense. LA is not the place someone with substance abuse problems should be. Doing drugs & getting Drunk is very common there.

Well put, and worth noting that they aren't done yet.

Back