Red Zone Offense

spiderman

Reaction score
I realize that BB made some poor coaching decisions last night.

I realize that Thomas' penalty was a killer.

I realize that Cassell looked actually pretty good for the most part.

But I still can't escape the fact that our inability to score TD's in the red zone is our achilles heal. We had two strong first half drives only to come away with 6 points.

If we score a TD on just one of those it completely changes the game.

Cassell looks good against a stretched out defense, but he absolutely must figure things out in the red zone if we are going to do anything down the stretch.

Posted this in another thread:

Just wondering why this little nugget isn't a staple of this teams offense week in and week out.

Moss should have at least 8-10 TD's by now if this type of scenario is even in their playbook.

And just what makes you think they were gonna decide FINALLY to pull it out of the bag on the final drive this week?

This really needs to be addressed. Why are they not trying this play at least 2-3 times per game? They have, finally, the tall lanky receiver everyone has been clamoring for for years. He has insane hands and freakish leaping abilities. And yet, how many times have we seen the hi-lob to the end zone inside the 20 where he can just go up and get it?

I can't recall seeing it off the top of my head at all this season.

Yeah its like they are almost playing for fg's in the redzone now. 3rd and 7 and they run a draw? It has become way conservative.

Back