Revis says his body is breaking down

I wonder if Sherman will end up a better CB in the long run. I think he could well be. Peterson could end up better as well.

Disagree on Sherman. I don't think he was ever at that level. Really good player, but only played one side of the field until very recently, when the corner on the other side got worse. :coffee:

Good player, love to have him here, he was never Revis.

Peterson has a chance to be, he'll need to do it for a couple more years, IMO.

Josh Norman should be on this list.hes also another player that really is a good corner. Also our boy Malcolm. Whenever I see his number around a receiver I am stunned that a WR catches it. Thats how good he's been

Apparently Revis approached the Jets this season about moving to safety.

Jets star Darrelle Revis is declining before our eyes, and it's not pretty
10:32 PM ET
Rich Cimini

When the subject of moving Darrelle Revis to safety was broached in training camp -- by Revis himself -- general manager Mike Maccagnan brushed aside the idea, saying, "Those are questions far down the road."

Don't look now, but the road isn't as long as the New York Jets once envisioned. They're coming up quickly on an intersection.

Once considered a transcendent talent at cornerback, Revis' play has deteriorated to the point that the Jets may skip the switch to safety and simply release him after the season. He's due to make $15 million in 2017, including a $2 million roster bonus on the second day of the league year in March -- a deadline that will force the Jets (and Revis) to make a decision. He probably will have to accept a pay cut to stick around, if it's offered. They may want to simply cut bait.

Darrelle Revis' disappointing season continued on Sunday, as he allowed Terrelle Pryor to record six catches for 101 yards, according to Pro Football Focus.

Believe me, there is no great pleasure in criticizing an all-time great, but Revis, 31 going on 35, has slipped significantly. His performance Sunday was an eye-opener. He was targeted 16 times, according to Pro Football Focus. Back in the day, Revis wouldn't have been targeted 16 times in a month, but there he was against the lowly Cleveland Browns, getting picked on by a journeyman quarterback (Josh McCown) and a wide receiver (Terrelle Pryor) who began the season with two career catches.

All told, Revis allowed 10 receptions for 122 yards, including six for 101 to Pryor. It could've easily been an even 200 yards, but McCown blew a potential 78-yard scoring play by overthrowing Pryor, who had Revis beat by four yards. Revis minimized the damage in the second half, holding Pryor without a catch, but he got safety help, as coach Todd Bowles switched to a double-safety look. The days of Revis covering half the field are gone.

This was Revis' worst game of the season, maybe the worst of his distinguished career. For the sake of his legacy, you hope it gets better. But you wonder if it will.

Full article here: http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...-declining-before-our-eyes-and-its-not-pretty

Back