RIP Dickie Betts

hey, mods, can you edit my spelling?

Back story: I read somewhere that Dickey Betts wrote this when he was sneaking off with Boz Scaggs's girlfriend, whose name translated to "Blue Sky."

I don't know if it's true, but it's a good story.

Last edited:

Back story: I read somewhere that Dickey Betts wrote this when he was sneaking off with Boz Scaggs's girlfriend, whose name translated to "Blue Sky."

I don't know if it's true, but it's a good story.

interesting that you posted this

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and told him to think of how many great rock songs have really dark lyrics and how this one was one of the few I could think of that's actually happy

Looks like it was cancer and pulmonary disease that took him out

interesting that you posted this

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and told him to think of how many great rock songs have really dark lyrics and how this one was one of the few I could think of that's actually happy

Yes. That same article I read said that the song "Jessica" was written when Dickey Betts was watching his daughter at play. She was just jumping around and in a happy mood, and he tried to capture that in the song that he named for her.

Last edited:
RIP he will be missed for sure. One of my favorite songs of all times is Blue Skies…

~Dee~

Back