RIP Paul Walker

Im so freaking down over this. Guy was easily one of my favorite actors. He was a great person. Prayers going up to his wife and daughter and also the family of the driver. So sad. Far too young.
Posted via Mobile Device

Paul Walker was best known for his action-packed films, but many are remembering the late actor, who died on Saturday in a fiery car crash, as a big softie with a huge heart.

During the holiday season several years ago, the "Fast & Furious" actor walked into Bailey Banks and Biddle Jewelers in Santa Barbara, California, and, according to sales associate Irene King, what happened next was practically out of a feel-good Hollywood movie.

King told CBS Los Angeles that an associate nudged her and said, “There’s Paul Walker.”

“Oh, OK, yeah,” King replied with a smile. “I said, ‘Yeah, he’s a nice-looking man.’”

Walker was browsing for bling at the same time as a soldier who had just finished his first tour of duty in Iraq, and was looking at engagement rings with his fiancée.

According to King, the pair saw a ring set they liked, but it was way too expensive and boasted a hefty $10,000 price tag.

In comes Walker. The blue-eyed actor called the store's manager and told him to put the ring that the couple was looking at "on his tab," but to keep his identity hidden. He promptly walked out of the store. According to King, the store never told the couple that Walker was the man behind the purchase, and nobody ever knew the sweet story until now.

King posted the story on the 40-year-old actor's Facebook page, among thousands of other anecdotes where people remembered him as "generous," "loving," and with a "heart of pure gold." Walker was a dedicated supporter of charities like the Billfish Foundation, and could always be counted on to raise funds for those in need. He founded his own organization, Reach Out Worldwide, after the 2010 Haiti earthquake.

"To do something like that to a perfect stranger is just unbelievable,” King said.

In this case, it appears that Paul Walker's generosity shined brighter than any diamond.

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-ne...ng-to-jewelry-store-clerk-170436969.html?vp=1

Very sad but live by fast cars die by fast cars. They did say speed was a factor in the crash.

Well, I never heard of him (not a moviegoer nor watch that much of network tv programs), but it is still sad that someone so young has left us.Only know what I have heard - that no drag racing was involved and that the car speed was 45 mph in an area where limit was much less. Anyone else hear same info ? Apparently his mission on earth was complete.

Gina

Well, I never heard of him (not a moviegoer nor watch that much of network tv programs), but it is still sad that someone so young has left us.Only know what I have heard - that no drag racing was involved and that the car speed was 45 mph in an area where limit was much less. Anyone else hear same info ? Apparently his mission on earth was complete.

Gina

I have seen the leaked footage of the crash. It's too far away and above a building so you can't see the car, but you can clearly see the light pole they hit. And you can tell it is a HARD HARD impact. I just can't see 45MPH, had to be faster. I'm thinking 70MPH mainly because Paul's buddy that was driving was a professional car driver and I also can't imagine him losing control at only 45MPH. Plus the car was a porcshe GT Carrera 5.7L V10 boasting 610 freaking horse power. The car does zero to 60 in like 3.2 seconds.

But who knows, it's a sad situation all around. Wish it never happened......:( Paul was a good dude, not your typical hollywood d-bag. I feel for his wife and 15 year old daughter.

I honesttly don't believe the 45 mph myself, given the knowledge of the car (no, I myself am not knowledgeable about cars, but it was a Porsche) and that both he driver were into racing, I thought 80-90-100+mph. Was surprised when I heard it but source may well be wrong too ? Have since heard more about the kind of person he was - truly a great loss too young.

Gina

Someone with knowledge of the car said while it passes the "street legal" inspection the vehicle is a racing car. Also second time he has had friends crash and both time the cars disintegrated at impact.

Sadly they claim he survived the crash and the smoke of the fire may have done him in but the final autopsy is not complete.

If they were driving 80mph on a public road they could have easily killed innocent bystanders...

Back