Scar's NFL News Thread

Brandon Marshall Asked Owner For A Trade?

marshall_brandon.jpg

Adam Schefter reported today on 850 KOA radio in Denver that Brandon Marshall told Broncos owner Pat Bowlen "I think I'd like to be traded" during Friday's meeting. Bowlen asked Marshall to take some time to think about it, and lets discuss this again.

Source: 850 KOA in Denver

Browns WR Donte Stallworth To Plead Guilty

donte-stallworth-court.jpg

A source with knowledge of the situation tells ProFootballTalk.com that Browns receiver Donte Stallworth will enter a guilty plea tomorrow in his pending criminal case in Florida. Though the details are still pending, it’s our understanding that he’ll plead guilty to DUI manslaughter as a result of the automobile accident that claimed the life of 59-year-old Mario Reyes. But if, as reported, the Florida DUI manslaughter law carries a mandatory four-year minimum sentence, the outcome will mean certain and extended jail time for Stallworth.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Ravens To Trade For Broncos WR Brandon Marshall?

marshall_brandon.jpg

It has been rumored that the Ravens are interested in trading for disgruntled Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall. Without citing a source, Pro Football Talk reported that "rumors are flying in some circles that Marshall could land in Baltimore." Marshall reportedly has requested a trade and walked out of a Friday meeting with Broncos owner Pat Bowlen with several boxes of belongings.

Source: Baltimore Sun

LenDale White Defends Titans QB Vince Young

lendale-white.jpg

Tennessee Titans running back LenDale White defended his friend and teammate Vince Young regarding recent statements made by the quarterback about the possibility of being traded. White, speaking on radio station KLAC in Los Angeles Monday, says Young is only a competitor who wants to play in recent remarks made about perhaps seeking a trade from the Titans if he is not the starter. The quarterback’s agent Major Adams later distanced himself and Young from those remarks. “You know, I was with Vince yesterday and Vince is very competitive,” White said Monday. “That’s just the competitive side of him. He wants to play and I understand that. I want to play and be the starter. I feel like if the Titans didn’t want me, there are plenty of other teams that will. That’s just the competitive nature of yourself. Vince is a Titan and he loves that. He loves being in the locker room with us, he loves being around us. But it’s that itch to play — he loves playing football.”

Source: Nashville City Paper

marshall_brandon.jpg

Adam Schefter reported today on 850 KOA radio in Denver that Brandon Marshall told Broncos owner Pat Bowlen "I think I'd like to be traded" during Friday's meeting. Bowlen asked Marshall to take some time to think about it, and lets discuss this again.

Source: 850 KOA in Denver
:LOL:Another of McDaniel's bet players on offense want out of Denver. First it was Culter now there best WR ROFL.

donte-stallworth-court.jpg

the Florida DUI manslaughter law carries a mandatory four-year minimum sentence, the outcome will mean certain and extended jail time for Stallworth.Source: ProFootballTalk.com

I don't think that "mandatory" means what ProFootballTalk thinks it does.

http://law.taragana.net/archive/sta...anslaughter-in-fla-gets-30-day-jail-sentence/

Stallworth pleads guilty, gets 30 days in jail

MIAMI — Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte’ Stallworth is going to serve 30 days in jail after pleading guilty in Florida to a DUI manslaughter charge.

I don't think that "mandatory" means what ProFootballTalk thinks it does.

http://law.taragana.net/archive/sta...anslaughter-in-fla-gets-30-day-jail-sentence/

Stallworth pleads guilty, gets 30 days in jail

MIAMI — Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte’ Stallworth is going to serve 30 days in jail after pleading guilty in Florida to a DUI manslaughter charge.

Cut Florio some slack, its not like he is a lawyer or anything.

Hmm whats that?
Oh he is?
oh woops.

Broncos Expect WR Brandon Marshall At Training Camp

brandon-marshall-broncos-injury_nc.jpg

Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels said the team will continue to talk with WR Brandon Marshall, and he expects Marshall to report for the start of training camp. "We met after [owner Pat Bowlen's] meeting with Brandon and are going to continue our dialogue with Brandon and his representative. We look forward to having Brandon at training camp," McDaniels said. Marshall has demonstrated his dissatisfaction with his contract by skipping the three-week, voluntary passing camp, then a three-day mandatory minicamp last weekend. If he doesn't show up by August 12, Marshall could risk forfeiting his fourth year of service time, which would put him another year away from unrestricted free agency.

Source: Denver Post

Cardinals, LB Karlos Dansby Still Discussing An Extension

dansbyarmsinair.jpg

Cardinals general manager Rod Graves said he spoke with the agent for franchise LB Karlos Dansby last week and is scheduled to talk to him again this week. "We will continue to keep a dialogue going and hopefully keep making progress," Graves said. "Our objective is obviously to get (Karlos) extended by July 15. At this point I don't want to say if I think that will be accomplished or not accomplished. But I do believe he wants to be here and we want him here, and I believe as long as we keep working toward that end, something positive will happen."

Source: AZCardinals.com

Browns To Trade Joshua Cribbs For Brandon Marshall?

cribbs.jpg

There is a rumor swirling that the Broncos could deal star receiver Brandon Marshall to the Browns, according to ProFootballTalk.com. The rumor suggests that Josh Cribbs and draft picks could be sent to Denver in a trade for Marshall. If Marshall did land in Cleveland, they would have a tremendous duo at receiver if Braylon Edwards remains with the club.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Cowboys Tell QB Tony Romo To Get In Shape

Tony_Romo_Cowboys.jpg

Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett recently had a meeting with starting quarterback Tony Romo and he told Romo to get in better shape this offseason. The Cowboys believe Romo does not get into good enough shape in the offseason to stay sharp in the second half of the regular season. And they need that QB to win games in December and beyond.

Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Chiefs QB Matt Cassel Winning Over Coach Todd Haley

eef4b6858c_ltpmattcassell.jpg

Here is Haley’s take on QB Matt Cassel. You can hear from Cassel himself in an upcoming segment of the Red Zone, the Chiefs official podcast on kcchiefs.com. “I think that Matt has done everything the way you want it done. Has he been perfect? No. Has he made all good decisions? No. But I think there has been a steady increase in what he’s been asked to do and how he’s performed and I’m very pleased with the progress he’s made to this point.”

Source:Kcchiefs.com

Packers, WR Greg Jennings Agree To New Deal

sp_raiders107.jpg

Jennings, who was due to make the veteran minimum in 2009, the final year of his rookie contract, has agreed to a new deal that will run through the 2012 season, according to a league source. He will earn a maximum of $31 million in the deal, should he reach the $5 million in incentives. Jennings will earn about $16 million in 2009, between his signing bonus and base salary.

Source: NFL.com

I apologize to those who appreciated this thread and my efforts to keep it updated regularly. I have just been busier than usual handling things offline. When time permits I will drop news updates so if in the coming weeks I'm scarcer than usual, my bad. I'll return to form soon enough.

:cool:

I apologize to those who appreciated this thread and my efforts to keep it updated regularly.
Who, exactly are you apologizing to? I have read every post in this thread. Some folks have definately crapped all over you and your blog. No-one has said: "Hey, scar, your blog is da balz.. I truly appreciate. You been sucky lately keepin up to date. Please, Please, Please give me some more scar news."

But maybe some folks, embarrassed to be seen in your company, have been PMing you love letters? I 'spose it's possible. Anything is.

Cheers, BostonTim

I apologize to those who appreciated this thread and my efforts to keep it updated regularly. I have just been busier than usual handling things offline. When time permits I will drop news updates so if in the coming weeks I'm scarcer than usual, my bad. I'll return to form soon enough.

:cool:

i think your sig that says 'where the mamba happened' should have a picture of a 16 year old girls ass

Back