Search

Muse

Paleface
Reaction score
The last few weeks I have been having some problems with the search feature here.

Before all one had to do was put in a few key words to find a certain thread and tada you found it relatively easily

I now can put in a thread title word for word and it will end up with no listing or it will give me everything and the bag of chips and again no thread that I am looking for

Help?

are you using the search button up top or going one step more into the advanced search?

the search button on top, majority of the time that has worked for me on the mark not so much anymore. I can put in the whole thread title and still have to look for it

the search button on top, majority of the time that has worked for me on the mark not so much anymore. I can put in the whole thread title and still have to look for it
after the planet upgrade I had to use the advanced one for the same reason

after the planet upgrade I had to use the advanced one for the same reason

The advanced search function isn't working properly either.

1) Using the word AND in between words should limit the search to posts inclusive of all the words being searched, but it treats it like an OR function. For example, if I search:

mikiemo83 AND doo-doo-head
I should return all posts where the words "mikiemo83" and "doo-doo-head" are both in the same post, but it is actually returning all posts with either of those terms.

2) The quote function isn't working properly either. If I put a phrase in quotation marks it should only return posts with that exact phrase, but, again, is returning posts with any of the words in quotations.

I just ran some maintenance on the tables, please let me know if it made a difference.

If it didn't do anything, I can rebuild the search index, but it is a server and time intensive process, so I will want to plan that.

I just ran some maintenance on the tables, please let me know if it made a difference.

If it didn't do anything, I can rebuild the search index, but it is a server and time intensive process, so I will want to plan that.

Ok. If it's that time intensive then don't worry about it. I'm not that important. :dom:

I doubt you are the only one it is affecting. I will run it one late weekend night.

Back