Seymour's dad dead...

Oh no...what a nightmare this must be for him. I cannot imagine what they're going through right now. My condolences to Richard Seymour and his family.

What a tragedy.

Along with my condolences to Richard and his family I feel it is appropriate to extend that to Ms. Myers' family as well.

Obviously, I really feel bad for all the parties involved here. Richard, The Myers and her kids and numerous siblings. This has to be hard on all of them as it seems that this was a very unexpected and out of the ordinary event. I hope every one finds some peace in their own way with the tragic events that transpired.

From the Globe:

Article

Seymour, New England's top draft choice in 2001 and a two-time Pro Bowl selection, had a strong bond with his father, who significantly influenced his son's athletic career. Growing up, Seymour spent summers working for his father, a mason contractor.

Though his parents separated when he was 6, they regularly attended Patriots home games.

In January, before the Patriots' second Super Bowl appearance in Seymour's three seasons, his father spoke of his role in Seymour's upbringing.

"I knew if anyone was going to teach him, it was going to be me," said Seymour Sr. "I was telling him, 'No matter what you do in life, you're going to have to work hard at it.' And his way out was football."

The New England Patriots released a statement last night that said, "We are deeply saddened to hear of the tragic news involving Richard Seymour's father. We extend our most heartfelt sympathies to Richard during this very difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Seymour family."

This is going to be tough for him. It's hard enough losing a parent, but the circumstances are going to leave him with lingering questions.

bideau said:
From the Globe:

Article

This is going to be tough for him. It's hard enough losing a parent, but the circumstances are going to leave him with lingering questions.

Oh, man--this is truly tragic!... My heart goes out to both families...

Geez man..I really, really hope the Seymonsta the best. It is times like these where it questions us athletes when to keep going. All players know that they have something to play for..and when stuff like this happens it makes you wonder.."What do I have?" But I hope Seymour does get better. I hope he realizes life is all about looking at the new sun rather than the fallen sun.

In life thats our job, we gotta keep on keepin' on. Hopefully in due time, Richard will know this.

In a league where so many players grew up without having a lot of guidance the bond between Richard and his father was a nice story. His parents, even though long-seperated used to attend Richard's games together and apparently got along just fine.

In interviews the son never went too long without mentioning his family, especially his dad and his love and respect for him was both obvious and sincere.

I hope the worst of the pain passes relatively quickly for the family and that the son is able to cope with this shocking loss and move on, and ahead, with his own life.

It is kind of ironic that the role model that taught Richard to be such a mature and strong personality, has put the kid in a position to need all of his maturity and strength to try and understand and handle this great loss.

Life sucks sometimes.

Hawg73 said:

It is kind of ironic that the role model that taught Richard to be such a mature and strong personality, has put the kid in a position to need all of his maturity and strength to try and understand and handle this great loss.

Life sucks sometimes.

Alot in life is ironic if you ask me. Aint it ironic how the Yankee dynasty was partly built due to Clemens...who was made in Boston? Aint it Ironic Babe Ruth was the Sox greatest fear after he won them 3 world series?

the truth is, I think it is like this. Seymour probably had a dad with some screws loose. And I am sure we can all tell this. I think Seymour's dad helped his son the best way possible that he could. And now all that guidance will have to come in handy here...

Back