So....how are you going to spend your last hours on Earth?

WisColtFan7

Oh, you didn't know?
Reaction score
Enjoy it folks----the takeover begins tomorrow!

Hearing prophecies of doom today? Maybe that's because Skynet, the sentient computer program at the center of the Terminator movies, is scheduled to start taking over the world tomorrow, according to Terminator canon.

In the Terminator franchise, Skynet is installed by the US military to automate tasks that would normally require human interaction. If someone shoots a missile at us, for instance, Skynet would shoot down the missile and attack the enemy who shot it. Of course the program rapidly becomes self-aware, and when humans try to unplug it, Skynet decides all human pose a threat to its existence, and thus immediately sets about wiping them off the face of the Earth.

All this happens in two alternate timelines. According to the first timeline, which was established in Terminator 2, Skynet is installed on August 4, 1997 and becomes self aware on August 29. Fortunately the catastrophic creation of Skynet was delayed when Sarah and John Connor (with the help of a T-800) destroyed the technology Cyberdyne Industries would use to create Skynet. Unfortunately it only moved the date back by about 14 years.

According to the second timeline, established by The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Skynet is installed on April 19, 2011, and attacks on humans on April 21, 2011.

At this point, we should acknowledge that the headline for this article is kind of misleading. Not all humans are killed. Only about 3 billion. So if Skynet attacks tomorrow and you're one of the lucky humans left alive, you can look forward to being rounded up by Skynet and used as slave labor in building the enemy's first factories. And if you dodge slavery, then there's always the trudgery of fighting the machines for the rest of your life.

http://www.zimbio.com/Skynet/articles/iulnFy5fFUG/Skynet+Slated+Kill+Humans+Tomorrow

I just got back from a cruise where there were a number of passengers who sported JUDGEMENT DAY shirts that indicated that their religious group had determined that May 21st was going to be the end of the world.

So, apparently they decided to go on a cruise. I hope they didn't all put the bill on their credit cards.

It was a little disconcerting, but none had even the slightest reason for why this was the big day, so I'm not worrying about it.

I asked one of them that question and got back a glassy-eyed stare and "God told us".

Suuuuuure he did.

I just got back from a cruise where there were a number of passengers who sported JUDGEMENT DAY shirts that indicated that their religious group had determined that May 21st was going to be the end of the world.

So, apparently they decided to go on a cruise. I hope they didn't all put the bill on their credit cards.

It was a little disconcerting, but none had even the slightest reason for why this was the big day, so I'm not worrying about it.

I asked one of them that question and got back a glassy-eyed stare and "God told us".

Suuuuuure he did.

Jeez.....couldn't they back that date up to June 22nd? I'd like to at least enjoy my 40th and not have to worry about a hangover the next day....:sulk:
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll put up a fight and when all seems lost ill be inside my wife. I like it there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back