Sprained AC Joint, day-to-day

Pats24

Reaction score
According to sports tracker at the bottom of the sox yanks game

T. Sean Lynch, MD and other researchers at Northwestern University collected data from the NFL Injury Surveillance System between the 2000 and 2011 seasons. The study provides some helpful information for football players and the athletic trainers and doctors treating them:

1. • 8.2% of the injuries in these 12 NFL seasons were shoulder injuries.
    AC joint injuries comprised 29.2% of all shoulder injuries.
    • 81.5% occurred during games versus only 18.5% during practices.
    Quarterbacks had the highest incidence rates of AC injuries among players at any position (20.9 injuries per 100 players).
    • Based on overall numbers, though, defensive backs and wide receivers suffered the most AC joint injuries.
    • Only 1.7% of the AC joint injuries required surgery.
    • The mean time missed due to an AC joint injury was 9.8 days.

he looked like he was going to pass out from the pain, so either he was buying time for Brissett to warm up or he does not like pain. That was a nasty hit and I think he will be back against Buffalo.

I bet Jimmy is active for the Houston game and is Brissett's backup. It would be a pain to bring another guy here and anyone wiling to come in for two weeks is probably worthless anyways.

you get a ring if you are here for two weeks, sign me up

That's true, but I doubt BB pays anything for a guy who will be here short term. I say go without it and hope Jimmy can at least hold a clipboard. If Brady's return wasn't looming (or it this injury happened in the preseason), I'd grab a vet, but with two weeks, just roll without

he looked like he was going to pass out from the pain, so either he was buying time for Brissett to warm up or he does not like pain. That was a nasty hit and I think he will be back against Buffalo.
That was pretty smart of him...oh, wait, he's a Patriot. Cheater! Cheating cheater who cheats.

:tmack:

Adam Schefter Verified account ‏<s>@</s>AdamSchefter

Still a longshot, but Patriots have not given up hope yet that Jimmy Garoppolo can play Thursday, per team source. http://es.pn/2chKMAp
The Goofball Furia claims that Jimmy G could numb it up and play. He admitted he is not a QB and the throwing arm but that it is possible and has been done before.

IF this was not a Thursday night game I bet he would play on a Sunday.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

That was pretty smart of him...oh, wait, he's a Patriot. Cheater! Cheating cheater who cheats.
Josh was on the Radio telling him to go down... drop to his knees.

The Goofball Furia claims that Jimmy G could numb it up and play. He admitted he is not a QB and the throwing arm but that it is possible and has been done before.

IF this was not a Thursday night game I bet he would play on a Sunday.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Josh was on the Radio telling him to go down... drop to his knees.

Since further structural damage can't be done in theory, I've also read from some twitter medical experts that it actually can be numbed up and has been done in the past. This would at least allow JG to be a backup to JB and may be something to consider. Pain is the key.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V29iVSoa_eI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To me it looked like Jimmy was praying. I'm just kidding: I have no idea what he was thinking or how much pain he was in. I do know that cats will purr when in pain (a handy fact I once told a neighbor as her cat was dying. )

On last week's Inside the NFL, both Boomer Esiason and Phil Simms said they could play a series in the NFL right now. Let's sign one of them. I should probably post a poll about this.

To me it looked like Jimmy was praying. I'm just kidding: I have no idea what he was thinking or how much pain he was in. I do know that cats will purr when in pain (a handy fact I once told a neighbor as her cat was dying. )

On last week's Inside the NFL, both Boomer Esiason and Phil Simms said they could play a series in the NFL right now. Let's sign one of them. I should probably post a poll about this.
One poll for each, please. Be better if you could do a poll for all available QBs and QBs we could trade for. Thanks.

Back