State of the Planet and Thank You

Congraulations and thanks for those responsible for making this a great place to talk, and to a great bunch of people to do it with.

Here's a bunch of cheerleaders to help with the celebration!

It's a great site

I'm one of the newer members. I lurk a lot, post on occasion, but I see the wit and humor some of you display and hang back sometimes from posting, just because I don't think I could be funnier than the rest of you.
I did manage to bait that lunatic troll StaunchColtFan, he got himself banned, so I guess I got him pretty good.
The thread with Oedipus Tex trading girlfriends has to be the best thread on any board and any subject I have ever seen.
I just spend a lot of time laughing my arse off at everyone, it's a lot of fun.

It's a great board and you guys running it do a great job. Thank you for that.

And the girlie pic thread is "to die for".

Supkem said:
i found them under "Collage Cheerleaders" And i beleive the NEB stands for Nebraska

Dude those are the Matrix cheerleaders. It says NEO not NEB! :thumb:

:patriots: :patriots: :patriots:

PatsfaninMN said:
Dude those are the Matrix cheerleaders. It says NEO not NEB!

Is this better?
Old%20Ladies.jpg

Kudos on a great forum....I've enjoyed mixin' it up here with youz Patsies and reading everyone's views.

I learned of this board via the GangGreen forum. I peruse the IndyStar board regularly and would invite you all to partake of that forum too. Its a very good forum, even though during the past few weeks its has been ransacked by trolls. There are quite a few Pats fans there who are great posters.

Again, nice job....

oh yeah, the girlie pic thread is the katzass :thumb:

Hear, Hear!

The moderators certainly do an awesome job here. From my past experiences, from what I got to see while I was away, and from what I've seen since I've been back.. I give all the Mods, past and present, a big A+ :thumb:

The members, well 99.9% of them, are fantastic and bring a lot to the table. I love how everyone has a great sense of humor and we're allowed to post almost anything. It makes this community a lot of fun and a great place to hang out while on line.

I know I'm not a Mod or even a salty veteran... But, I'd like to offer an invitation to all the lurkers out there (and I'm sure they're are plenty) to join in. I did, after lurking for a long time and found I really enjoy posting. (When this new-fangled technology allows me to!) Give it a shot... you might like it too. I'm sure no one here will bite. (Well, unless you want them to. I'm sure someone's kinky enough to do that. ;) :spank: )

Oh... and now that we've heard the State of the Planet address, I think we need an opposing viewpoints response. (Maybe from someone like TripleSteel? No, nevermind. He can barely put together a coherant sentence. Anyone who disagrees with UnderTaker 59's State of the Planet address care to step to the plate? (You know, the "Equal time" law and all.. ;) )

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't anyone who disagrees with you. This place rocks! :dbanana:

Keep up the great work everyone!

Adding my $0.02.....

What can I say that hasn't already been said? I'm just glad to be part of it all.

We have some good folks here and this board will only get better.

:thumb:

All of you members run this place..... hell, the place runs itself. Even the bad intentioned trolls don't stand much of a chance here, because the members here are so strong that the trolls are beaten down and usually give up. So kudos to you all for making this site what it is.

I can only thank everybody (from the department of redundancy department) for being here and making this little planet thrive. We're considering moderator vacation day, personal floating holidays and sick time due to the structure that the membership brings. :thumb:

I can even post 3 or 4 time a night and not see my name sitting there as the last poster for 14 or 16 hours! ;)

As an impartial observer who helps whenever he can and somebody who has been through a couple ground up sports board development, I have a little input.

A board is only as good as the leadership. If you have a power hungry team more interested in making the board about themselves than growing the community, you're mixing a recipe for failure.

The mod team assembled has done an incredible job. I don't know the details because I'm not here everyday, but this place really started kicking ass when UT took an interest in the welfare of the site. I don't want to make any of the other mods feel bad because I simply don't know each individual contribution, but UT has been awesome.

Having said all that, I'd also like to downplay mods some. This place is a successful community because of the members. These mods are great at what they do because they're 99% members of the community and only 1% moderator. Anyway, I've rambled too long for a veritable outsider so I'll close by congratulating you on your championship team and your championship site.

Can the 25 mods here ban this Phobia troll by any chance?

:eek: :cool:

Phobia said:
Anyway, I've rambled too long for a veritable outsider so I'll close by congratulating you on your championship team and your championship site.

No sh!t, man....don't make us ban you.

o:)

*EDIT - LOL - what good timing Pook!

Oh - and that Pookie has done a good job with the uh,... stuff,.... on the thing. Pookie is awesome. Great job Pookie.

Oh - and Annyhilousus is great, too.

Anybody notice that the mods I neglected to mention wanna ban me now. Heh heh.

Phobia said:
Having said all that, I'd also like to downplay mods some. This place is a successful community because of the members. These mods are great at what they do because they're 99% members of the community and only 1% moderator.

That sums it up right there. Thank you for the kind words everyone. All of the mods have been an essential part of our success in different ways. Sometimes one or another may be more visible, but without contributions from all 25 of them, The Planet would not be where it is today.

Back