Superbowl Sunday Menu

I boil and then grill my wings, I dip the grilled wings in the sauce and then set them off to the side of the grill, pour remaining sauce over them when all are cooked.

Bushy T Beaver said:
Clams over angel-hair pasta! :D

Actually, if it's not too brutally cold outside I thought I might pull the gas grill out of the garage and grill up some thick steaks. Wash them down a nice Mouton Cadet.

Blaringly hot wings would be great too, but nobody makes them right in my neck of the woods.

Oh come on now... The grill belongs outside year round with a spare tank of gas in the garage. There is no such thing as too cold to grill.

jenni22 said:
There is no such thing as too cold to grill.

I agree. But five degrees comes close. You have to keep turning the meat or it freezes on top :rolleyes:

jenni22 said:
Oh come on now... The grill belongs outside year round with a spare tank of gas in the garage. There is no such thing as too cold to grill.

AMEN!!! Everyday is a grilling day. Last year we had just bought our house and we had a ice storm.......the same day as the Daytona 500. That is right my yankee friends, I grilled anyways. I now have a reputation as the crazy dude that grills no matter what.:D

we've got a grill on top of our stove, so we grill year-round although it's not the same as doing it outside....

Our Menu:

Wings
Hoagies
Meatballs on mini torps

potato salad
taco salad (last minute addition)

chips, pretzels

cheese/pepperoni tray
veggie tray

Soda, iced tea (unsweetened and home brewed!), Yuengling, Corona, Rolling Rock, Honey Brown, Riverhorse, Mudslides, White Russians and a bottle of bubbly in ice for a win!

LadyPanther04 said:
we've got a grill on top of our stove, so we grill year-round although it's not the same as doing it outside....

Our Menu:

Wings
Hoagies
Meatballs on mini torps

potato salad
taco salad (last minute addition)

chips, pretzels

cheese/pepperoni tray
veggie tray

Soda, iced tea (unsweetened and home brewed!), Yuengling, Corona, Rolling Rock, Honey Brown, Riverhorse, Mudslides, White Russians and a bottle of bubbly in ice for a win!

Sounds good there hot pants! Too bad that bubbly won't get opened today! :)

Well the bubbly is on ice if needed. If I don't get to use it then we were beaten by the better team. My anniversary is in May, I can use it then. :)

jenni22 said:

Easy to say from NC. Too cold to grill exists here in the North!

LadyPanther04 said:
Well the bubbly is on ice if needed. If I don't get to use it then we were beaten by the better team. My anniversary is in May, I can use it then. :)

Hehehe... thanks for being a good sport.

But hey, the more I look at your avatar, the more I believe that you may have been smokin' the whacky tobaccy when that pic was taken. What's the deal blondie? I could blindfold you with dental floss!

:p

no, it's just the way the picture was taken. Plus the flash was one of those red-eye reduction ones, where it flashes several times before the picture is taken. I have pretty big brown, blue, aqua, green eyes. (colored contacts, lol)

I made the wings. We are having a neighborhood Super Bowl party and they are a huge success. Thank You! Hawg, the Franks makes all the difference in the world thanks for the advice. I'm working on the second batch as we speak.

Hawg and Pookie thanks....

I used 2 small bottles of Franks Xtra Hot Cayenne and Pepper, a whole stick of butter, some black pepper, 2 shakes of Tobasco, and 4 pounds of wingettes. Cooked them in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes, then about 12 minutes in the Deep Fryer, then tossed them in the hot sauce. They were a great success, and I was told "better than restuarant quality."

God, I am exhausted.

Back