superstitions

bighit26

Reaction score
Last year week one I sat in my recliner....BAD IDEA. The next week I sat on the sofa until the loss to Washington. Since then I have sat on the floor, wearing my Brady jersey, holding my Pats mini football, wearing my Pats hat, leaning against my Pats pillow, and drinking Molson Canadian. Last night I did everything exactly the same (The Canadians made me show up an hour late for work!!!) At halftime something just didn't seem right. That's when I realized that since February my wife had changed the furniture layout of my apartment. Needless to say at 10:30 last night in a semi-drunken stupor I moved the furniture around as it was last season.

My wife believes that I have some sort of OCD, and I'm hoping I'm not the only one. I'm interested in hearing about everyone else's superstitions and kind of hoping someone in this forum is worse off then me. Please help me out!

I have a superstition. We kept a Pats mini football and two beer bottle caps from two games in 01'. The AFC title game, and the bowl. I wear my Troy brown jersey along with my silver pants EVERY gameday. And I never forget my nachos!:thumb:

I have a certain shirt I wear on gameday and I wore a different one that I had just bought, Thursday night, until halftime lol... I had to change shirts and well hehe they won!!

Oh and I also ALWAYS wear a Patriot shirt or sweatshirt to work the day after the game lol.

Before the San Diego game of the 01' season I made a vat of chili, put on a Gillian Welch concert shirt from her "Revival" tour and twisted one. The Tradition continues, but the shirt has passed away. I also turn my back on every kick for points, and raise my arms over my head, or play L. Cohen's "Hallelujah" on my guitar while the kick is taking place. There have been a few exceptions-the SB Winning kick in 01' and 2 in last years SB, however, I am back to turning my back from here until the final seconds of this years Championship, because it just didn't work out when i watched the kicks in last year's final game.

I'm pretty sure that this has made all the difference for the Patriots, but I just can't claim the credit without real proof that it was my doing.

I'm ethical like that.

Back