T-Day Wishes

INPatFan

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

The upcoming game against the Packers and T-day reminds me of a story.

So, many years ago at a Thanksgiving gathering, some of the guys were tossing a football and throwing horseshoes prior to dinner. My nephew (10 years old or so) was wearing a Packers hat and when I asked what's up with that, he told me he was a Packers fan.

I asked if he knew the history of the team and knew their original name. He looked at me curioulsy and said "no". I told him that the team was unique as it is owned by the city and was started with semi-pro guys that had other jobs. Many on the team were big strong guys that worked packing and loading crates for a nearby business called the Wisconsin Fudge Company. I then told him the team's original name, which he bought entirely.

During dinner, my nephew relayed all of this to the other kids at the "kids" table a few feet away. The adults were listening intently as he excalimed that his favorite team was really the Green Bay Fudge Packers. His father burst out laughing, but his mother didn't see the humor. Instantly she looked right at me and said "It was you, wasn't it!" I couldn't deny it.

There is a really sweet guy here in town who played for the Packers in the mid-60's, right up until he was drafted and sent to Vietnam. Hell of a guy.

:toast:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! to all Planeteers

I have 4 kids home from MO, IL, CT and RI. Good Times for me & I wish the same for you!!

:celebrate:

LeGarrette Blount ‏<s>@</s>LG_Blount <small class="time"> 8m8 minutes ago </small> HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY FOLLOWERS AND FANS!!! I AM THANKFUL FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!! LOVE YOU ALL!!
1f60a.png

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you beautiful people across the Pond.

Back