Takitaki Signed

Wilson did play well towards the tail end of the season, so I would have liked to see him re-signed, but
every time I watched a game that involved Takitaki he made me notice him for reasons other than he has
an exotic-sounding name.

I expect he'll be a guy that will play more snaps than Wilson usually did and he'll be popular in
Foxboro.

Not every move can be a "splash" move, but it was a pretty good day overall. Not for some of our division rivals,
but it was for us.

I can't believe we are re-signing Onwenu. That is a Huh-YUGE splash.
For a million more a year, you could have retained the faster, younger version of Takitaki. shrug

I began to appreciate Mack Wilson's production last year and thought he'd be re-signed. At least, I think Bill would have re-signed him.

Otoh, TakiTaki can also help to replace Matthew Slater's faith in God for the team. He was literally orphaned early and raised by the Mormon Church.
That's not important to me but it is impt to many of our players and that matters to them. Hightower will love this guy. Does TakiTaki play STs? Bonus if he does.

You can't win a Super Bowl without a Samoan defensive tackle on your roster. I've always said this. :coffee:

Tonga, Samoa, Pacific Islanders will take your team a long way! I always think of Vita Vea in that regard, what a monster for the Bucs.

Oh My George Takai GIF
Oh My George Takai GIF

New #Patriots LB Sione Takitaki had a 72.0% coverage success rate last season, per @NextGenStats
For reference, not a single New England LB had a coverage success rate higher than 50.0% last season.

Back