Texans now interested in Mallett

If something happens to TB this team as constituted is winning crapola so the backup QB might be the most meaningless position on the team.

We couldn't race to the podium fast enough if Houston were to offer their 2.

Just sign a sept cut for vet min and suck for the next luck.

I can only allow this if I'm allowed to taunt for you for intentionally tanking the season.

Otherwise you're going to have to keep Mallet around.

If something happens to TB this team as constituted is winning crapola so the backup QB might be the most meaningless position on the team.

We couldn't race to the podium fast enough if Houston were to offer their 2.

Just sign a sept cut for vet min and suck for the next luck.

Whoever that is needs a catchy name that rhymes with lots of words. This year's a good example... "Lie Down-y for Clowney" never really caught on, despite my attempts to get it out there.

Whoever that is needs a catchy name that rhymes with lots of words. This year's a good example... "Lie Down-y for Clowney" never really caught on, despite my attempts to get it out there.

Clownin' around fer Clowney makes sense.

Cassellwas re-signed by theVikes. Presumably fro more money than the $ million he walked away from.

So to get a fair backup it would cost arounf $4 million per year. Mallett costs under a million .

So lets trade Mallett for a bag of magic beans and spend $3.5 million to replace him at backup QB. Sound strategy from our more mentally challenged Draftnik fans...

IIRC, Cassel voided $3.5M and got 2 yrs at $5M per. My guess is that he's their nominal starter while a draftee develops. Same strategy with Henne's re-signing, I'm guessing. I really think this is a smarter play than just chucking everybody overboard and making the draftee start on Day One.

McCown got the same as Cassel from Tampa today, but Lovie may be looking at him to challenge Glennon, IOW as more than a backup/veteran mentor.

Back