The Coaching Staff

duckstruck

Reaction score
With all the pre-season concerns and all the doom and gloom that has been spread around this year. I find some comfort it knowing that over the years our coaching staff has been able to perform some magic in motivating, preparing, making adjustments and putting our team in a position to win games.

Having said that which Assistant or Position Coach do you have the most confidence in to have his players or unit ready to put forth their best effort and make the most significant contributions to the teams success?

With all the pre-season concerns and all the doom and gloom that has been spread around this year. I find some comfort it knowing that over the years our coaching staff has been able to perform some magic in motivating, preparing, making adjustments and putting our team in a position to win games.

Having said that which Assistant or Position Coach do you have the most confidence in to have his players or unit ready to put forth their best effort and make the most significant contributions to the teams success?

Dante Scarneccia. He is the best OL coach in the league right now and a proven miracle worker.

Having said that, and apart from Dante, which Assistant or Position Coach do you have the most confidence in to have his players or unit ready to put forth their best effort and make the most significant contributions to the teams success?

FYP :coffee:

This ^

Should I just go ahead and lock the thread now?

:)

Probably. Or you could leave it open and folks could respond to my corrected version of the OP. :shrug_n:

Cheers, BostonTim

If the defense does not show anything this year, and with all of the players missing from the offense, it could show even more now, when do we question coaching.

If the defense does not show anything this year, and with all of the players missing from the offense, it could show even more now, when do we question coaching.

You question coaching if the players they draft and cut, end up doing well on other teams (and I've seen little evidence of that occurring). Otherwise, if the defense keeps playing sub par, then you would question the drafting.

You question coaching if the players they draft and cut, end up doing well on other teams (and I've seen little evidence of that occurring). Otherwise, if the defense keeps playing sub par, then you would question the drafting.

Isn't the drafting done by the coaches?

With Dante being the favored horse in the race (agreed), who would you pick second to fill out your exacta and why?

I'm pretty sure that the GM and scouts have a lot to do with it, but at the end of he day, BB is in charge of it here with the Pats.

I'm pretty sure that the GM and scouts have a lot to do with it, but at the end of he day, BB is in charge of it here with the Pats.

The GM? You mean Belichick? I'm not trying to be an ass here, and I am not saying its all the defense, I am unhappy with what they have built at the receiver position too...I guess I get tired head sometimes when I see the same process done every year, and while it used to work well, it might be time for the process to change up a bit....its hard to keep finding cheap try hard guys who will play for nothing just to win the superbowl.

The GM? You mean Belichick? I'm not trying to be an ass here, and I am not saying its all the defense, I am unhappy with what they have built at the receiver position too...I guess I get tired head sometimes when I see the same process done every year, and while it used to work well, it might be time for the process to change up a bit....its hard to keep finding cheap try hard guys who will play for nothing just to win the superbowl.

That doesn't indicate a problem with coaching, however. It's a problem with player acquisition.

That doesn't indicate a problem with coaching, however. It's a problem with player acquisition.

I consider that part of the coaching responsibilities. I am not saying Bill cannot coach, I am saying maybe we need to let someone else buy the groceries. :shrug_n:

I consider that part of the coaching responsibilities. I am not saying Bill cannot coach, I am saying maybe we need to let someone else buy the groceries. :shrug_n:

Well now we know why we disagree. I don't consider it part of coaching.

Yes, (for the sake of argument). But that's not the question. The question is about what coaches COACHING do you like not did they draft crappy.

I think that the value of Tom Brady at QB can't be overlooked even with the changes on offense. I think the Patriots will run more and use Vereen in the passing game more.

With the importance of the WR position and all the changes how can't see how the WR position can't be important battle in training camp.

Bubble watch- With what I hope is an improved Safety position and Nate Ebner being a Special Teams player only in my opinion that should put him on the bubble. I mean how many ST players only can you keep?

I think Cunningham and Blount will be the surprise players on this team and will have much better years than last year.

Well now we know why we disagree. I don't consider it part of coaching.

I think its part of the team building process and that process at least with this team is done by the coach. I mean if we do not blame the coaches for it, who gets the blame?

I think its part of the team building process and that process at least with this team is done by the coach. I mean if we do not blame the coaches for it, who gets the blame?

Huh? Just because Bill is coach and GM doesn't mean every coach on the team is disproportionately involved in scouting as they are with every other team.

If you have a beef with the player acquisition, take it up with the scouts, FO and Bill.

Back