The illusion of security through Peyton!

Chuck.U.Farley

Reaction score
This is one of the more humorous threads I have read on the Donks forum. They seem to think Manning is unstoppable they must have not seen a Colts game before he signed with their team. This is the blueprint to stop the Broncos thread, I say all you need to stop them is put them in the playoffs.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112449

This is one of the more humorous threads I have read on the Donks forum. They seem to think Manning is unstoppable they must have not seen a Colts game before he signed with their team. This is the blueprint to stop the Broncos thread, I say all you need to stop them is put them in the playoffs.

If the cowboys had any kind of defense, they beat the bronco's yesterday, but the dallas defense was just as bad as denver's but the cowboys made a mistake at the wrong time, that was the difference in the game.

If the cowboys had any kind of defense, they beat the bronco's yesterday, but the dallas defense was just as bad as denver's but the cowboys made a mistake at the wrong time, that was the difference in the game.

I was hoping the Boys would have got it done, if for nothing more then to shut up the Broncos retarded fans. But I knew in my heart Romo would shit the bed he usually does.

I was hoping the Boys would have got it done, if for nothing more then to shut up the Broncos retarded fans. But I knew in my heart Romo would shit the bed he usually does.

Romo can put up the greatest stats in the world, but he does one thing that blows it open. Its why people get on his case, they know he can do it, because he shows he can, he just does weird things in the worst moments of the game. Its like he does not know game situations or something. Like ok, this is not the time to force a pass here, or take that bad sack.

The thing I took from the game was that you have to get out in front and keep scoring and try to stop them from scoring. If you do a 3 and out just one time that is when they pass you in the race. Then you are playing catch up the rest of the game. But I have yet to see any defenses hitting Manning, and I know with him or Brady you have to rattle them by hitting them or you are torched!

The thing I took from the game was that you have to get out in front and keep scoring and try to stop them from scoring. If you do a 3 and out just one time that is when they pass you in the race. Then you are playing catch up the rest of the game. But I have yet to see any defenses hitting Manning, and I know with him or Brady you have to rattle them by hitting them or you are torched!

You have to get them in 3rd and long, stop the run game, they get a lot of third and shorts when they do go 3rd down, but the big thing is you have to tackle better than these teams are. He is picking his way down the field and I see a lot of broke tackles. With any good offense you just have to stay disciplined, to many times I watched the cowboys just over run something or mess up an assignment, and he will kill you like that, they have too many players that can get open.

There has never been an offense that can not be stopped by a good pass rush. We know it all too well, the Rams know it, the Colts knew it, and Denver will find that out when they play Kansas City.

There has never been an offense that can not be stopped by a good pass rush. We know it all too well, the Rams know it, the Colts knew it, and Denver will find that out when they play Kansas City.

I am not sure KC is that special to be honest....I think Denver will handle them, not Denver will probably go well until the playoffs or the weather gets bad, whatever comes first. Thats usually how it goes.

I am not sure KC is that special to be honest....I think Denver will handle them, not Denver will probably go well until the playoffs or the weather gets bad, whatever comes first. Thats usually how it goes.
If we had Wilfork still and our offense was back to full steam ahead I would had us beating Denver rather easily. One good thing we should be healthier on offense by the time we face the Donks. If we are healthier it will be a good game...

If we had Wilfork still and our offense was back to full steam ahead I would had us beating Denver rather easily. One good thing we should be healthier on offense by the time we face the Donks. If we are healthier it will be a good game...

I still have us beating Denver. We would be to this point by far the best defense they have faced and they have a worse defense than anyone we have faced this year.

Well, he did light up Denver pretty badly in the 2003 and 2004 playoffs, so maybe that's what they think he does to every team? :shrug:
Posted via Mobile Device

I still have us beating Denver. We would be to this point by far the best defense they have faced and they have a worse defense than anyone we have faced this year.

You're very optimistic. While our D may be a bit better than Denver's, I'd like to know on what basis you figure our offense has any chance of keeping up with theirs. Because is can't. The Broncos are built for speed. This year's Pats, not so much. I don't think the Pats have gone into a hurry up offense once this year, even in the closing minutes of a half when you normally would.

You're very optimistic. While our D may be a bit better than Denver's, I'd like to know on what basis you figure our offense has any chance of keeping up with theirs. Because is can't. The Broncos are built for speed. This year's Pats, not so much. I don't think the Pats have gone into a hurry up offense once this year, even in the closing minutes of a half when you normally would.

I don't even think they're going to play the game. Tom is probably going to decide to just stay home and play Madden with Gronk and Edelman. Giselle is going to bake Betty Crocker brownies.

Well, I saw it last year....we played them....and we actually won...can you believe it? By the way, our D is light years better than theirs. Sorry man I have heard this story before, I heard it in 2003 and I also heard it in 2004...maybe one day it will happen, but November in foxboro, I like our chances of them not scoring 50 on us.

Well, I saw it last year....we played them....and we actually won...can you believe it? By the way, our D is light years better than theirs. Sorry man I have heard this story before, I heard it in 2003 and I also heard it in 2004...maybe one day it will happen, but November in foxboro, I like our chances of them not scoring 24 on us.
In fairness if the Pats show up in Nov with the current make up of this team we will get blown out... Seriously... However, if we get Gronk Back and get Amendola back up to full speed this should help out hurry up offense... I still think this line is fvcked. Their Pass Blocking has been horrid and we will need to run the ball a lot with a HEALTHY Ridley to have any chance to win that game in Nov...

Also Mid I think losing our DT's will catch up to us. BB is outstanding at hiding our weaknesses, however when ever we lost a major Defensive player on the LINE it hurt us big time during the playoffs... Losing All Pro Caliber Defensive Tackles and Defensive END are far more devastating than Losing a All Pro Defensive Back... Example the Richard Seymour Trade cost us a Super Bowl or two IMO...

EDit

In fairness if the Pats show up in Nov with the current make up of this team we will get blown out... Seriously... However, if we get Gronk Back and get Amendola back up to full speed this should help out hurry up offense... I still think this line is fvcked. Their Pass Blocking has been horrid and we will need to run the ball a lot with a HEALTHY Ridley to have any chance to win that game in Nov...

Also Mid I think losing our DT's will catch up to us. BB is outstanding at hiding our weaknesses, however when ever we lost a major Defensive player on the LINE it hurt us big time during the playoffs... Losing All Pro Caliber Defensive Tackles and Defensive Tackles are far more devastating than Losing a All Pro Defensive Back... Example the Richard Seymour Trade cost us a Super Bowl or two IMO...

Yeah but even without Wilfork, this defense is better than it was last year. Things change over a season, I have seen too many times a team come out blowing everyone away and another team that cannot get out of their own way, and one of them does not win the superbowl, and its usually the one that was blowing everyone away. I have seen this for about a decade now, so if it changes this year it will be the first time in a long time. In the past when our defense was bad, I did not see a way to improve, I actually see this with the offense because of the circumstances. The DT will have to be addressed, but not sure I can say its too late yet.

Example the Richard Seymour Trade cost us a Super Bowl or two IMO...

EDit
Disagree. It was the offense that cost the Pats SB 46. And he still played for the Pats in SB 42. Remember how many games he played in 04? He didn't even play in the playoffs until the SB. He was a great player in his prime, for sure but there's not one game since he was traded that I thought the Pats would have won if they had him. To me losing Vince is bigger, but we will see. When they got Vince they still started Traylor while Vince was learning hwo to play basically a whole new position for him.

Disagree. It was the offense that cost the Pats SB 46. And he still played for the Pats in SB 42. Remember how many games he played in 04? He didn't even play in the playoffs until the SB. He was a great player in his prime, for sure but there's not one game since he was traded that I thought the Pats would have won if they had him. To me losing Vince is bigger, but we will see. When they got Vince they still started Traylor while Vince was learning hwo to play basically a whole new position for him.

Trading Big Sey actually gave NE a SB appearance they wouldn't have had. Vince was the best defender on either team in the AFCCG and he wouldn't be on the team had the team not traded Sey. Nor would Solder, which became really important when Vollmer missed much of that year.

Dumping Seymour was a great move that Bill would do again 100/100.

Technically it was a helmet catch given up by harrison who with all his might could not pull a crappy receivers arm away from the ball that cost us a lot.

Back