The Matt Patricia sucks vs Mac Jones sucks thread.

This is over generalizing. It’s Mike Onwenu who is awesome. Onwenu is a pro bowl talent. Not the entire IOL. Andrews is not good in run blocking and Strange is an up and down LG. Onwenu is an ELITE talent and the rest of the entire OLine is below average. Aside from Onwenu-opened runs, Mondre has been getting an insane number of yards after contact.
LOL

You claimed Strange was responsible for the demise of the Patriots in 2022.

Now he is just “up and down”?

I tried to be so bad in this post that the sarcasm was 100% obvious.

Once again, I failed.

I need to stop it.

None of the positions I addressed are even a need until late in the next draft. IOL? Nope. get some help way later or elsewhere. RB's? LOL. Safeties? again, LOL.
Meh, my brain was really melted at the time. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm a little embarrassed, actually - I majored in sarcasm, and should have picked it up. A B.A. in B.S., you might say.

If we are talking about addressing needs in the draft, OT is the biggest. There is Johnson from Ohio St, Skoronski from Northwestern, and Jones from Georgia. One or 2 or all of those players could be available when the Patriots draft.
It seems like a good OT class. It's not going too be a very deep WR class the way it looks right now.

Last edited:
If we are talking about addressing needs in the draft, OT is the biggest. There is Johnson from Ohio St, Strokowski from Northwestern, and Jones from Georgia. One or 2 or all of those players could be available when the Patriots draft.
It seems like a good OT class. It's not going too be a very deep WR class the way it looks right now.
Agree. The only thing is, you can't take 2 OTs in the first round. I mean, obviously, you can but financially it makes no sense, because those 5th year options are going to be stupidly expensive. You'd really have to hit on a Vollmer-type pick in a day two scenario.

Another possible way to go would be kicking Onwenu out to RT, but he's played so well at guard, I almost feel like that Belichick made the right decision sticking to his guns there. Go back and watch Onwenu vs. Cincinnati, he was frickin everywhere.

Agree. The only thing is, you can't take 2 OTs in the first round. I mean, obviously, you can but financially it makes no sense, because those 5th year options are going to be stupidly expensive. You'd really have to hit on a Vollmer-type pick in a day two scenario.

Another possible way to go would be kicking Onwenu out to RT, but he's played so well at guard, I almost feel like that Belichick made the right decision sticking to his guns there. Go back and watch Onwenu vs. Cincinnati, he was frickin everywhere.
I'm not advocating drafting 2 OT's . I was saying that one or more of those guys should be on the board when the Patriots pick. I wouldn't want 2 rookie tackles.
If we sign a tackle in FA, then draft another.

I'm not advocating drafting 2 OT's . I was saying that one or more of those guys should be on the board when the Patriots pick. I wouldn't want 2 rookie tackles.
If we sign a tackle in FA, then draft another.
I get that, although truthfully I wouldn't be opposed to two rookie tackles if they didn't suck, too.

If you're going FA, I'd need a lock-down guy like a McGlinchey (like you said), no fliers on a cheap contract here.

And if you're going to spend a lot of money on your o-line unit as a whole, you may as well take a Day 2 flyer on a QB while we're here. Because you're not going to have max money for Jones anyway (not that he'd get it right now), but you'd actually have to question the feasibility of picking up the 5th year option.

I:d bet money on two drafted OTs.
And a QB pick up this spring.
Easy money.

To say that Mac is the opposite of Cam “I don’t see that ball on the ground” Newton is an understatement.

Has there ever been a time when a QB has been accused as being one of the dirtiest players in the NFL? Maybe someone from the 70s?

Patricia is a moron. Meyers is not good at YAC yet keeps forcing screens to Meyers while excellent-YAC WR Bourne languishes on the bench

Last edited:
Explains the lecture Mac got on the bench...

Patricia can go stfu

I am all for Mac disobeying sh-tty code red orders and score more TDs

Is Fat Matt going to bench Mac too now like Bourne….

How does anyone know what was said? Maybe they said this is what we have been looking for from you all season. Recognize and execute.
Mac was all frowns when he first sat on the bench. Pretty strange after a TD.

Does anybody have any video of this "chewing out"?

Back