The Newest Definitive "Are We Alone?" Collective Debate

I guess my question is why would governments hide visits from aliens? What is the point? We have 3 generations of folks that grew up expecting first contact. This is not the fear-addled world of Orson Welle's brilliant broadcast, "War Of The Worlds" anymore.

I have little doubt they exist as the universes is so immense we can only see a portion. Just not sure they've been here and if they have what is there to keep them secret?

The 60 Minutes segment on May 16th was excellent. The level of angst, indecision, fear, and lack of leadership amongst the Pentagon and military brass is the driving factor on why
this subject never gets raised to the level of concern it deserves. Why these objects are out there seemingly every day and watching us ( particularly our military) should be of massive concern.
What is it? Lack of money? Derision? Other priorities? Inter service rivalries?

In this 60 Minutes segment, the comments by former defense intelligence official Christopher Mellon were quite frank and insightful.

I'd appreciate a cohesive approach going forward and honesty about what the Pentagon really knows about this topic.

Last edited:
Have you never wondered why every single UFO ever photographed or filmed going back to the 1940s...Every. Single. One......has been a grainy, blurry, blob on low-resolution film? My own belief is that in any clear photos and films, it's plain to see they're not alien spaceships. Pictures of birds and clouds aren't as exciting.

That's true whether it's "official" military jet plane footage or some hick in Alabama with a handi-cam. The only thing that is "official" is they're not sure what it is, or if it's a glitch, what caused it. That is interesting in itself, but not as interesting as jumping to silly conclusions about "aliens flying across the galaxy to do a few stunts in front of jet-fighter pilots".

They are unidentified flying objects. Which means they could be anything. Including a glitch in the system or a piece of bird shit. Of the lists of the thousands of possible explanations, "little spaceship that aliens flew here undetected, only to get caught for the umpteen-thousandth time on grainy footage where you can't actually tell what they are"

I dunno, I've seen some pretty clear pics of UFO's quite a few in fact. You have to account for "could they be 'shopped, but some of the are well attributed. With respect to the recent ones from the military, you have to understand those are targeting cameras so you aren't getting crystal clarity. The interviews with the pilots seem quite authentic.

My kids and I just stood outside with some neighbors and caught a perfect line of lights flying straight to the North East. We didn't see the beginning of the line but we counted over 40 of them, very high in the sky, but easily seen. No noise and in a perfectly straight line, flying over Pekin, IL. Again moving in a perfect line and almost identically spaced between them to the Northeast. Sadly, too far for pictures to come out. These were solid white lights, none blinking and just for Reference, a plane just flew over, same sized light and you could easily see the blinking light and hear the engines.

Edit: There's a chance they could be the Starlink Sats. There are reports of similar sightings but those were last year after launch, as far as I've read so far

Last edited:

The link above is the promised report from the ODNI (office of the director of national intelligence) and
I finally got around to reading it this morning.

My take is that it is an acronym-laden and predictably non-specific document which nonetheless shows
that our Government is officially admitting that they are again studying UFOs (or "UAPs" in their preferred terminology) and
have adopted a standard developed by the Navy to collect pertinent data and attempt to categorize and analyze it. The fact is,
they've been doing this for over 50 years but are now admitting it openly, which is not insignicant.

The ODNI refers several times to the "sensors" used to identify anomalies:

The sensors mounted on U.S. military platforms are typically designed to fulfill specific missions. As a result, those sensors are not generally suited for identifying UAP.

• Sensor vantage points and the numbers of sensors concurrently observing an object play substantial roles in distinguishing UAP from known objects and determining whether a UAP demonstrates breakthrough aerospace capabilities. Optical sensors have the benefit of providing some insight into relative size, shape, and structure. Radiofrequency sensors provide more accurate velocity and range information.

I interpret this as an interesting admission that we may need to better and different means of detection. That is likely going to cost a lot of taxpayer money, which is no insignificant
part of the whole report. I guess the 40 trillion or whatever black budget money that nobody seems to know where it goes won't cover the cost of better tracking systems.

The following adds to the above:

In a small number of cases, military aircraft systems processed radio frequency (RF) energy associated with UAP sightings.

We often hear of UFOs affecting electronics, and both analog and digital instrumentation. Car engines suddenly dying. Planes and Jets losing their instrumentation. There are dozens
of different scenarios of that including losing control of our nuclear missile base control systems while being "visited" on multiple occasions. That suggests
electro-magnetic or other energies that, moving forward, we need a significantly different approach and method to detect and analyze from what we typically
use to study terrestrial objects. I suppose it makes plausible sense, in a way, and is better than having our brain trust say "Yeah, ummmm......we don't know what the fuck is going on
or what the fuck to do about it."

So, the report was somewhat vague and disappointing, but leaves the door wide open for a very interesting time for those of
us interested/fascinated by this phenomena.

What do you think about this report? What stands out? Are you disappointed by it?

I'm happy in one sense - admittance, finally, that there are craft of unknown origin flying in our airspace. I've always believed the military people etc in this regard - there have been many hundreds of sightings by credible individuals.

I'm disappointed in the fact very little evidence released - because those in the know - Leon Panetta, John Ratcliffe, Lou Elizondo, Christopher Mellon, Marco Rubio etc have said as much - high quality video and still photographs exist, but have not been released. One of those guys mentioned there's a photograph of one of the objects 50 feet from a Navy fighter. Now thats a photo I'd like to see.

As far as these things being Russian or Chinese, I don't think so. In 1967 one of our missle sites in Montana was shut down by hovering UFO's. The officer in charge, Capt Robert Salas, was required to sign a non disclosure agreement and ordered to keep quiet and not discuss the incident with anyone. His testimony is now readily available and highly interesting. There were other "shut down" incidents too. Obviously, highly advanced technology such as this did not exist back then with any country on earth.

Hopefully we'll see more soon. From what I gather, they don't like to talk about it, as no one can control it, and that's a position of weakness no Pentagon or military person likes to admit to.

Last edited:
I'm happy in one sense - admittance, finally, that there are craft of unknown origin flying in our airspace. I've always believed the military people etc in this regard - there have been many hundreds of sightings by credible individuals.

I'm disappointed in the fact very little evidence released - because those in the know - Leon Panetta, John Ratcliffe, Lou Elizondo, Christopher Mellon, Marco Rubio etc have said as much - high quality video and still photographs exist, but have not been released. One of those guys mentioned there's a photograph of one of the objects 50 feet from a Navy fighter. Now thats a photo I'd like to see.

As far as these things being Russian or Chinese, I don't think so. In 1967 one of our missle sites in Montana was shut down by hovering UFO's. The officer in charge, Capt Robert Salas, was required to sign a non disclosure agreement and ordered to keep quiet and not discuss the incident with anyone. His testimony is now readily available and highly interesting. There were other "shut down" incidents too. Obviously, highly advanced technology such as this did not exist back then with any country on earth.

Hopefully we'll see more soon. From what I gather, they don't like to talk about it, as no one can control it, and that's a position of weakness no Pentagon or military person likes to admit to.

Great post. I laughed at the idea that the Russians, in particular, have suddenly redefined avionics when they've even never made a decent car and their manufacturing/tech sectors have always
been loaded with problems trying to keep up with the West. And I'm supposed to believe they've somehow worked out the keys to the universe? Not happening.

The nuclear breaches are easily the most serious, um, ufo encounters? incidents? and the ETs can do whatever they want with our tech and there isn't a thing we can
do to stop it, which should be understood by way more people. We're still dicking around with "are they really real?" games and they could launch our nukes on russia or vice versa
anytime they feel like it. If people find that notion to be ludicrous, or never heard it before I'll dig up supporting evidence, but there is a long history of similar issues in the US and around the world.

As an aside, I was a big original Star Trek fan back in '67 or whenever it debuted. I was 11 or 12 at the time.

The weird thing about it, is that there was a "Prime Directive" from the Federation that Captain Kirk had to follow when encountering other species. There are a number of different versions of that, but the basic idea was:

The Prime Directive prohibits Starfleet personnel and spacecraft from interfering in the normal development of any society, and mandates that any Starfleet vessel or crew member is expendable to prevent violation of this rule.[4]
and

As the right of each sentient species to live in accordance with its normal cultural evolution is considered sacred, no Starfleet personnel may interfere with the normal and healthy development of alien life and culture. Such interference includes introducing superior knowledge, strength, or technology to a world whose society is incapable of handling such advantages wisely. Starfleet personnel may not violate this Prime Directive, even to save their lives and/or their ship, unless they are acting to right an earlier violation or an accidental contamination of said culture. This directive takes precedence over any and all other considerations, and carries with it the highest moral obligation.

It seems quite evident that these visitors follow a virtually identical code, which is pretty strange. While nuclear bases have had both their airspace and control systems violated, nothing actually came of any of this as if it was a demonstration that we should stop fucking with nukes.

It's very mysterious. These things could likely kill us in an instant and take the planet, but they don't. Or haven't.

I moved past believing in UFOs/alien visitors on Earth quite a while ago and have gone on to the question of what they want with us or this planet.

I'm attempting to work out a reasonable theory, but it's pretty clear that with thousands of various encounters possibly dating back thousands of years there is very little evidence of
any sort of aggressive or threatening behavior, which is pretty damn remarkable. Gene Roddenberry was one smart mofo to cook up the Prime Directive, but it has occurred to me
that maybe he borrowed it from somebody or something else. It might not be original at all.

One other thing while I'm rambling.

A tourist can drive 3 hours to North Conway, NH and sign up for a Moose Tour which will take them out to the back country to observe Moose feeding at twilight.

It hit me that those Moose have just about as much of an understanding of those tourists and their shiny metal buses as we do extraterrestrials and UAPs. Maybe all
the weird action in our skies is as simple as tourism or scientific curiosity. Maybe studying how life evolved on different worlds is so incredibly complex that even highly
advanced beings can find it a source of endless fascination and study. There could be millions of inhabited worlds with each one developing in a unique way.

A stupid concept? Well, I can't prove it's not stupid, but it's no less likely than any of the other theories out there that I've heard. If you could safely travel to another developed planet and see what is going on there (as long as you didn't interfere with their culture/development) would that not be incredibly exciting?

Hey Hawg, superb post - I love how you take different angles and perspectives on how this whole thing can be viewed.

We seem to be - unwittingly - the recipients of a "Prime Directive" - just not on the end of things Gene Roddenberry initially envisioned for us.

The only reason Congress/Pentagon keep commenting about the Russians or Chinese is they simply need deflection away from - the reality. And believe me, some of them know the true reality of this whole situation - but are keeping it tightly to their chest. Now I do believe the exact number of people in Washington who are fully privy to this entire big picture, the full bucket of data, and subsequent task force & think tank conclusions is small, very, very small. But they know - as good data and evidence on this topic goes back a long, long, ways. As proof of this and more background for everyone, I'll supply a link to the testimony of Professor Bob Jacobs, he was a photographic officer in the Air Force back in 1964 when something extraordinary happened to him. It seems incidents like his were not rare over the years, as many military personnel and others have attested.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4wL4lbwwNU

That's where the "grooming" comment comes in. I mean, you can't just blurt it out, you have to give it up in small doses

Possibly, but the announcements earlier this year are showing something and so far, very little reaction from most people

Back