The Patriots Are Doing It With Mirrors

JohnnyBravo

Reaction score
The Patriots Are Doing It With Mirrors
By John MacKenna

It would appear that the Buffalo Bills have an excellent opportunity to upset the New England Patriots on Sunday night.

Buffalo is coming off a 22-17 win over the 6-1 New York Jets . They've won three of their last four games. They have one of the NFL's stingiest defenses.

Meanwhile, New England is missing both its starting cornerbacks, the tight ends are MIA from the passing game, and their No. 2 receiver is averaging only 35 yards in the last three games.

So why does everyone pick New England to win? Sure, the Patriots scored an inspiring win last Sunday in St. Louis, but they are very vulnerable on defense at the moment, and their offense ranks only 19th in the NFL in total yardage.

New England shouldn't score more than 17 points against Buffalo's punishing defense. If the Bills can't manage 20 or more against a defensive secondary featuring an undrafted rookie, a practice squad player and a wide receiver, well, it's time to get a new quarterback.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_317867_121&prov=citadel&type=story

I really think the Pats will beat the Bills by mor ethan 7 points. The question is, can they get past teh new and improved Buffalo Bills, after squeeking out a victory last time.

Without that Bruschi sack, that game would have been a LOT closer. And both teams know it.

Johnny,

Perhaps you can copy and paste this article into a couple of more threads.....????

pookie said:
Johnny,

Perhaps you can copy and paste this article into a couple of more threads.....????

Well, it does deserve some attention!

jeepndd said:
My only response is "Drew Bledsoe", that is all.
you keep thinking that, next year you'll be thinking "McGahee" and you'll be cowering in a corner calling for your mommy to come save you from this nightmare.

rtconner said:
you keep thinking that, next your you'll be thinking "McGahee" and you'll be cowering in a corner calling for your mommy to come save you from this nightmare.

I like you!

rtconner said:
Its my birthday today, and all I want is a Bills win.

Happy Birthday. Your Bills are getting crushed on national TV.

The second best quote of the game, "You've seen that look before on Drew Bledsoe's face when he has faced the New England defense in the past" !

BTW Happy Birthday. Hope you are enjoying the celebration !

:D :) :D

rtconner said:
you keep thinking that, next year you'll be thinking "McGahee" and you'll be cowering in a corner calling for your mommy to come save you from this nightmare.

After what I saw last night...really NOT impressed. Patience to let the play develop? Please! You're mistaking patience with an inability to react quickly to the situation. All I can say is the future does look bright...for the Dolphins, the Jets, any team BUT the Bills. :whip:

JohnnyBravo said:
New England shouldn't score more than 17 points against Buffalo's punishing defense. If the Bills can't manage 20 or more against a defensive secondary featuring an undrafted rookie, a practice squad player and a wide receiver, well, it's time to get a new quarterback.[/B]

No sh*t?

Back