The Patriots Planet "Mixer"

HS said to add a question if we think of one, so:

What is your biggest passion?
Right now? Our kids (20,21,22).

For the last 22 years?

Our kids. LOL.

The wife and I are transitioning to life as future grandparents/non-workers (see that there?).

But the kids are still #1 in terms of mutual passion.

Right now? Our kids (20,21,22).

For the last 22 years?

Our kids. LOL.

The wife and I are transitioning to life as future grandparents/non-workers (see that there?).

But the kids are still #1 in terms of mutual passion.

Cool. I can't fully understand as I have never wanted kids as far back as I can remember but I certainly appreciate the devotion and all that comes with raising children.

It is so true that kids grow up fast. You learn to enjoy every moment. Yesterday I was changing diapers, and in the blink of an eye they are as old as I was when I got married.
I am convinced time passes more quickly as you age, it's like you are gaining speed rolling down a hill.

It is so true that kids grow up fast. You learn to enjoy every moment. Yesterday I was changing diapers, and in the blink of an eye they are as old as I was when I got married.
I am convinced time passes more quickly as you age, it's like you are gaining speed rolling down a hill.
Yes it certainly seems like it does. I read somewhere that the reason we perceive time to be speeding up as we get older is that our own frame of reference (our age) gets longer so individual things against that reference seem shorter. Remember when summer lasted forever as a kid? It whips by these days. Back then you only had a few summers and today you or me have 50+. Well, maybe you don't but I do. :)

Yes it certainly seems like it does. I read somewhere that the reason we perceive time to be speeding up as we get older is that our own frame of reference (our age) gets longer so individual things against that reference seem shorter. Remember when summer lasted forever as a kid? It whips by these days. Back then you only had a few summers and today you or me have 50+. Well, maybe you don't but I do. :)
All good points. Also when we were kids, we were out of school and pretty much had 3 months to horse around, play ball all day and no work to do. Now it's just working and more working and so those work weeks go by pretty quick. Maybe I need to retire and if I do time will slow down again, yeah,,,, that's the idea!

All good points. Also when we were kids, we were out of school and pretty much had 3 months to horse around, play ball all day and no work to do. Now it's just working and more working and so those work weeks go by pretty quick. Maybe I need to retire and if I do time will slow down again, yeah,,,, that's the idea!

You make a very good point. When I ran my business the summers flew by. Now, I make my own schedule and can play all day and the time seems to go by like I was young again.

Back