The PatriotsPlanet Hall of Fame

G

The PatriotsPlanet Hall of Fame

From time to time the staff here at PatriotsPlanet would like to recognize those whose achievements have exceeded even our own lofty expectations. Those individuals who seek greatness and achieve it, those who shy from recognition and fail, and still others who we honor as a way of killing time. This will be the PatriotsPlanet Hall of Fame. Some may be minor accolades, while some may be lifetime achievement awards. This thread will celebrate them all as equals. It will be devoted to those who -- however unintentionally -- may actually have done something right. This is our way of saying “Thank you for not f-n up.”

The awards will be given in a number of categories many of which we don’t even realize we need yet. They are issued in no particular order and we reserve the right to change the rules to suit our fancy and make up others as we go. However PatriotsPlanet will never change the rules without first ignoring your protest.

In such that it is to be a “living history”, feel free to offer your congratulations to the winners, make the obligatory acceptance speech, nominate a deserving member, suggest an award, offer shameless self-promotion, bad-mouth your opponent, win with grace and lose without a shred of dignity. In short, to exercise those very rights that make the spectacle of athletic competition such a rich and rewarding experience.

The issuance of the awards will remain the sole authority of PatriotsPlanet.com and the decision of the judges is final. (Without such authority the awards would be meaningless and there would be rioting in the streets.) The judges will take into consideration the arguments of all members, however in order to maintain the appearance of propriety we will only be truly swayed by money and/or sexual favors.

We cannot divulge the rigorous methodology behind the selections because it would expose it for the fraud that it really is. However, suffice to say that all members are eligible to receive an award and even to have one named in their honor. Despite the sarcasm and self-deprecation we really do notice and appreciate the contributions of all of the members (and I said I wouldn’t cry….) And now, without further ado: the envelope please.

(And those of you who think that you can’t get one of these awards for doing something stupid, you are right. You cannot. That is what the PatriotsPlanet Hall of Shame is for…)

Alright, I'll get things started...

First on a serious note: In the Founding Fathers category, I'll nominate Falling Alice, who helped get this whole board going. This board has been entertaining and informative. Thanks.

Second, in the Horny Pervert category (and this is the pot calling the kettle black), I'll nominate Untertaker #59 for his prodigous posting of fine works of photography dipicting the female form.

Thank you bideau, but I prefer to call it "Most Appreciated and Prolific Girlie Pic Poster."

:D :D :D :D :D

And the Winner is....

Our first award will be an ongoing attempt to recognize some of the newer members of the board community. The category is Rookie of the Month. There are many new members in the last month who have made contributions that are worthy of recognition and I will certainly be leaving out a deserving member by choosing to recognize just one. However, that is the way it works and there will be ample opportunity to distinguish yourself.

The nominees are:

freak, Mrs. B (Brushifan1), SamBam39, Undertaker #59, PatsButterfly, and dreadlord.

Obviously not all are currently rookies but all are new to the board. We were all rookies once -- and not too long ago I might add. Some of us have worn that mantle with pride while others have used any means at their disposal to achieve Starter or even Veteran status. One popular means has been the girlie thread, which still remains unchallenged as the most frequently visited spot on the board. It is here that our winner......Undertaker #59...has earned his stripes. We have tried not to focus too closely on any ONE contribution but on the body of work....Did I mention that Alice didn't get to vote?

(An Honorable Mention to Bideau for guessing correctly. The winner had received an informal nomination from Hawg73 prior to your nomination. Remember that part about "reserving the right to make it up as we go...? )

Congratulations Under. I think I can speak for many here when I say "keep those photos coming!" :thumb:

Thank you thank you very much.

I would like to say though, that this award would not have been possible without Freak. Without his calling attention to this board, and his futile effort to get a Girlie pic thread going over on the other board, this would not have been possible.

In fact, the Girlie pic thread has changed me from probably always being a rookie. I am usually a lurker on all these boards, but there was something about the Girlie Pic thread that just brought out the inner poster in me that was yearning to cum forth. I am not sure what brought me out, its just a special thread. ;)

Thank you to Falling Alice for allowing it. :)

I will do my best to live up to this MOST prestigious award, and I will try not to forget all the little people that made this possible :cool:

In fact, I would like to nominate Freak as "Recruiter Extrordinare."

NR, The award is really very well done. Kudos to you. Very clever and an excellent choice.

If I had this technology at my disposal then the "posties" awards I posted at Pats.com might have packed a little more punch.

Hawg73 said:
NR, The award is really very well done. Kudos to you. Very clever and an excellent choice.

If I had this technology at my disposal then the "posties" awards I posted at Pats.com might have packed a little more punch.

Ya! What he said NR! That's a mighty fine looking award/certificate you've made there. Good work old man.

Congrats to Undertaker on his work here. I always know that if I'm having a bad day I can come to patriotsplanet.com and either 1) Read some wicked political debates, or 2) Look at some lovely waxed bikini areas and silicone beauties.

Hawg73 said:

You know I liked the idea of the "Posties" very much. As a tribute to your awards over on Patriots.com I was thinking of calling mine the "Patsies" -- what do you think? :) I figure we just co-opt the expression rendering it meaningless.

--"Hey, congratulations on that Patsie you won."
--"Thanks. Stick with it. I had you figured for a Patsie for sure."
--"Really, you mean it?
--"Absquatolutely!"

Now I understand where Philip K. Dick was going regarding the meaning of words. The man truly was a visionary.

The graphics do add an entertaining dimension. That was just a preview. Do you think Rookie of the Month is too prestigious? Perhaps we should only give them a week so it doesn't go to their heads? They say winning the first Patsie is easy, but repeating is a b****.

Just wait until I get the Hall of Shame fired up. Those poor trolls will never know what hit them. I almost feel sorry for them. They just have no idea what kind of fire storm they are walking into.

p.s. -- as for the Old Man comment Pook might I remind you that you are all of two years and eleven months younger than I am? And show some respect for your elders!

NoRespect said:
The graphics do add an entertaining dimension. That was just a preview. Do you think Rookie of the Month is too prestigious? Perhaps we should only give them a week so it doesn't go to their heads? They say winning the first Patsie is easy, but repeating is a b****.

Just $0.02 here....the month is over tomorrow, so it really was kinda rookie of the week :)

As far as winning again, all I can do is continue to do my best to elevate the Girlie thread to new levels of bareness :) (without crossing that line that is - fine line to tread)

The Posties/Patsies Preshow

Can I have dibs on standing outside the convention hall prior to the ceremony and jucdge people's clothes with my shrill, nasal banter?
I don't have a daughter, but I'm sure I can scare up some talentless, emaciated shrew to stand on the red carpet with me and annoy the award recipients before the presentation.
Please, please please?
:grovel:

As requested by Alice - a hall of fame shot of our unofficial mascot. I named him Butch after a former roomate of mine. Remind me to tell you the story about how DropKickMurphy and I found him passed out in a chair in front of the refrigerator. It seemed that just before we found him, Butch had discovered something in the fridge that got him pretty excited and passed out in mid self-pleasure. I think that this is probably what he looks like today.

I really couldn't decide between Admiral Jheelizar and the Splendid Splinter but you know how these awards are, you have to pay your dues. The winner of the Philip K. Dick Award given to the best work of science fiction -- without resorting to excessive substance abuse, we hope -- is Admiral Jheelizar and its author, Hawg73.

There were no other nominees. It was a tough decision as always, but in the end I went with my instincts. I really was just looking for any excuse to work these pictures of the cute little aliens in that I found....

Congratulations Hawg!

NoRespect said:
I really couldn't decide between Admiral Jheelizar and the Splendid Splinter but you know how these awards are, you have to pay your dues. The winner of the Philip K. Dick Award given to the best work of science fiction -- without resorting to excessive substance abuse, we hope -- is Admiral Jheelizar and its author, Hawg73.

There were no other nominees. It was a tough decision as always, but in the end I went with my instincts. I really was just looking for any excuse to work these pictures of the cute little aliens in that I found....

Congratulations Hawg!

I am touched. Actually a lot of people have told me that. What can I say NR, but that it is an honor and a privilege. I will save this award to my hard drive and when things get rough -I'll pull it up and it will turn my frown upside down.

You are really getting pretty good at whatever it is you made it with. What did you use? It's really professional looking. Thank you.

Hawg73 said:
I am touched. Actually a lot of people have told me that. What can I say NR, but that it is an honor and a privilege. I will save this award to my hard drive and when things get rough -I'll pull it up and it will turn my frown upside down.

You are really getting pretty good at whatever it is you made it with. What did you use? It's really professional looking. Thank you.

Actually, it is not that tough to create at all. I used a combination of Paint Shop Pro, PhotoShop and believe it or not...a slightly modified MS Word template. And of course none of it would have been possible without mature nanotechnology.

(If you or anyone else wants the original it can be arranged. Just let me know. I would probably send it as a Acrobat file for compatibility.)

Hawg73 said:

Yo, it's about time my homey Uncle Hawg get props for his pen.... Word to my bruthah!

How's that for jive talk???

originally posted by NR
And of course none of it would have been possible without mature nanotechnology.

Good grief, let me get my boots on. If you're not careful, your brain is going to ooze out onto your lap.

Ya know I almost cried foul on that word, but I looked it up and sure enough, it's real. When are you post something false like "pookiegetsalotatail" or "pookshunglikeahorse"???

Wow, this is the first time I've noticed this thread. Dunno how that happened.

Talk about the irony of my situation. Getting the FDR governmental service award, named after the man who ushered in the era of big government. :eek: :banghead: :toast:

Congrats to the other award winners.

Alice,

Any chance at getting a UNH smilie? I've got BC loyalties for football and bouncey ball, but as you can probably tell from my avatar, my hockey heart rests in Durham.

Without further ado...

The nominees for the PatriotsPlanet's 100th Member Award are Pookie, OttawaPatty, NEM, and Peg. And the Winner of the PatriotsPlanet's 100th Member Award goes to none other than PatriotsPlanet's own -- and 100th Member -- OttawaPatty! Congratulations!

I borrowed Alice's idea about using a boilerplate award. I will have to post a copy of that one as well. Two awards for the price of one. The Aliens just keep showing up and I figure why fight it. We may never really know just were they came from. To the runners up I can only say keep your chins up and better luck next time.

(and the award is made even funnier by the fact that I spelled "Ottawa" incorrectly :doh: It has since been corrected. Sorry Matt, or should I say Mat?)

Alice's version:

Let's see if I can get it right this thyme. Does anyone remember the commercial with the guy painting the endzone before a game? Another guy walks up while he is admiring his work and says: "that's great...but who are the Chefs?" I loved that ad -- and now I've done it myself.

Re: Alice's version:

NoRespect said:
Does anyone remember the commercial with the guy painting the endzone before a game? Another guy walks up while he is admiring his work and says: "that's great...but who are the Chefs?"

Great-googly-moogly.

Back