The thread of incontrovertible banalities

BaCsonkaDonk

Grim and frostbitten
Reaction score
I'll admit that I've been responsible for promoting my fair share of rancor on these boards. But in this season of peace on earth and goodwill toward man, I feel that we should concentrate on the things that unite us. In that spirit, I think we should chronicle all the things, football-related or otherwise, that everybody agrees on because they're so obvious. Allow me to get the ball rolling:

Chris Johnson is having a good season.

Ted Ginn was probably drafted too high.

Peyton Manning greatly resembles a fetus.

Tom Brady is too handsome to live.

I'll admit that I've been responsible for promoting my fair share of rancor on these boards. But in this season of peace on earth and goodwill toward man, I feel that we should concentrate on the things that unite us. In that spirit, I think we should chronicle all the things, football-related or otherwise, that everybody agrees on because they're so obvious. Allow me to get the ball rolling:

Chris Johnson is having a good season.

Ted Ginn was probably drafted too high.

Peyton Manning greatly resembles a fetus.

Tom Brady is too handsome to live.

The thread of incontrovertible banalities

Hee Hee Hee,HE SAID ANAL

Dan Marino does not have any Super Bowl rings.
Eric Mangina is a rat bastard.
Jesus toast is better than plain toast.

Everytime there is a good return in the kicking game, I expect to see a yellow flag on the ground. More often than not, my expectations are met. :banghead:

Lots of people who haven't put in an honest days work during their entire lives are currently beyond indignant over the perceived lack of effort displayed by Randy Moss this past weekend. :huh:

Lot's of people who work in fields that have nothing to do with football are calling various radio stations telling the hosts exactly what BB should do to turn this Patriots team into an immediate Super Bowl winning shoe-in. So far, BB isn't listening, the fool.

Since this thread was started by a Fins fan, I will spread some goodwill by stating that I am impressed with the team that Parcells and Sparano are building in Miami. It's a mentally and physically tough team that can beat you and beat you up. Parcells may be a shit bag (it's ok, he's aware of it), but he is also an outstanding team builder.

Chris Mortenson is reporting that "Mangini may be in considerable trouble if Holmgren is hired as the next GM in Cleveland." No wonder ESPN is paying full freight for Adam Shefter's services.

AD looks to be BB's signature blunder during his time in NE. AD isn't who BB thought he was. He is an athletic freak in many ways but he's not physically able to do the things BB has tried to do with him. He just can't change direction well enough. He is also not a guy to build a defense around because of the limitations in his game, his lack of overall understanding of the defense and his lack of work ethic. He may believe he works hard but I don't believe he's up to the high standards of people like Seau, Vrable & Bruschi. Tough acts to follow for sure but I believe BB was counting on AD to do so when he brought him here.

I am watching a replay of the PSU-FSU Orange Bowl multiple OT Classic from 2006. I love overachieving players and players who play their hearts out, many of whom were on display in that game. I suspect most people feel the same way about those types of players.

I loved the angle route Wes Welker ran from the slot for a completion on the drive of the week linked to in Box's thread. The reaction, or lack thereof, of the poor LB (Dan Conner) trying to cover him made me think of the classic Clint Eastwood line, "you won't believe what is happening to you, even as it is happening."

Speaking of last Sunday's game, I loved the old school style play calling we were treated to in that game. Imposing your will on a defense through ball control is a winning formula and has been since Walter Camp first laced 'em up. We were treated to a display of basic, fundamental, defensive football as well (for the most part anyway).

Thank god for the endless series of "Sure Clip" toenail clippers commercials. If not for "Sure Clip", I never would have known what a nightmare cutting my toenails has been.

Speaking of the Pats getting back to basics, I put up my Christmas tree yesterday. I used a new "easier" tree stand I picked up. My tree looked beautiful, until it fell to the floor this afternoon. After wrestling with my knew miracle tree stand for an hour, I switched back to my old simple tree stand. My tree is now steady as a rock. Basic fundamentals.

I see that "Upper Deck" is "sticking with Tiger." At least he has that going for him.

I saw a clip of one of Tiger's mistresses blubbering through an interview. The poor thing is upset that her son is being ridiculed at school because everyone now knows that she has been banging Tiger. Isn't she the one who told everyone in the first place that she has been banging Tiger? :huh:

A plea to all expectant parents. Don't name your son "Buster." Thank you.

I will miss Bobby Bowden. He's a good man who cared about his players.

The unknown comic was a funny dude.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

Lot's of people who work in fields that have nothing to do with football are calling various radio stations telling the hosts exactly what BB should do to turn this Patriots team into an immediate Super Bowl winning shoe-in. So far, BB isn't listening, the fool.

I have seen on another Pats site posters not only having their binkies, which is cool, but seriously posting that BB should be locked out of the draft room for the good of the team.....which just proves your point in spades!

Thank god for the endless series of "Sure Clip" toenail clippers commercials. If not for "Sure Clip", I never would have known what a nightmare cutting my toenails has been.

I actually looked it up :spock:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aZw3qpnaK3o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aZw3qpnaK3o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

banalities1.jpg

Back