Tom Brady's Boston Roots

Beaglebay

Houndsight is 20/20
Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...boston/ar-AAnNfFp?li=AAn4eAA&ocid=mailsignout

His native land withered by famine, his countrymen dying by the hundreds of thousands, John Brady fled Ireland in the mid-19th century and found work as a laborer in Boston. Soon, he married Bridget Bailey, herself a refugee of Ireland’s Great Famine, and at age 22 they began raising a family.

Little did John and Bridget Brady know, as they coped with the hardships of their new lives in a new land, that their marriage one day would help make possible the birth of one of New England’s most revered sports figures. They were the great-great-grandparents of Patriots legend Tom Brady, according to new research into the five-time Super Bowl champion’s roots.

Cool story of Tom's ancestry.

Great story, Beagle. It was destiny, without a doubt, for him to come back to his roots.

I just KNEW his mom was of Nordic descent. When I read long ago that her last name was Johnson and she was from Minn, I thought it was probably "Johanssen" or something like that and changed.
Very cool.
Also cool his first known ancestors were John and Bridget and a long time later, he fathered a son John with a Bridget.

Back