UKPatriots coming to Gillette Stadium, again.

bsaeagle64

Reaction score
This will be the largest Roadtrip in the 7 years the UKPatriots have been crossing the pond as a group to see a game. 25 Roadtrippers will be watching the game on Monday night, November 21st against the Kansas City Chiefs.

This will be the largest Roadtrip in the 7 years the UKPatriots have been crossing the pond as a group to see a game. 25 Roadtrippers will be watching the game on Monday night, November 21st against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Sure hope there is football being played if y'all committed money to this already!:coffee:

Should be epic though if Matty is not injured.:)

Sure hope there is football being played if y'all committed money to this already!:coffee:

Should be epic though if Matty is not injured.:)

Yeah, I'd wait to buy plane/hotel tickets until you know for sure that there's going to be a season, unless you've bought them already.

The Roadtrippers have commited financially to tickets but they will get 100% of their cost back if there is no game. As far as flights, some are waiting for costs to go down, while others are buying tickets now but they fully understand that it is at their own peril. As far as the Courtyard in Norwood is concerned, once we know how many and what type of rooms we need, we will sign a contract but there is a cancellation clause that, if cancelled early enough, there will be no penalty.

IMO, I just can't see a scenario where there is no season. If there is a shortened season, the game is in the 11th week so that's not so bad.

I just got word from my friends in the UK that there will be at least 30 Roadtrippers this year.

BTW, I live here in Massachusetts and this is my 19th season as a STH, so I have nothing to lose if there is no season, except missing football on Sundays all day and Monday nights.

UPDATE: The final numbers are in. Only 26 Roadtrippers will be crossing the pond in November for the game against the Chiefs. These Patriots fans have been saving their GBPs all year to make this trip. Everyone has already paid for their Flights and tickets to the game (Sec 121 Rows 7 & 8), and will pay for their hotel stays in Boston and at the Roadtrippers hotel, the Courtyard by Marriott in Norwood upon arrival.

BTW, There is a great article about the UKPatriots written by Erik Scalavino of PFW fame in the July 13th issue of Patriots Football Weekly entitled "United Kinship" on pages 20 and 22. Hey, even I'm mentioned in the article.

UPDATE: The final numbers are in. Only 26 Roadtrippers will be crossing the pond in November for the game against the Chiefs. These Patriots fans have been saving their GBPs all year to make this trip. Everyone has already paid for their Flights and tickets to the game (Sec 121 Rows 7 & 8), and will pay for their hotel stays in Boston and at the Roadtrippers hotel, the Courtyard by Marriott in Norwood upon arrival.

BTW, There is a great article about the UKPatriots written by Erik Scalavino of PFW fame in the July 13th issue of Patriots Football Weekly entitled "United Kinship" on pages 20 and 22. Hey, even I'm mentioned in the article.

That is AWESOME :thumb:

I'll be going to that game stag (LurkingWife turns into a pumpkin that late on a workday). I was planning on taking the train and arriving before kickoff but if you guys are tailgating let me know. Maybe I'll drive instead.

Everyone is welcome to stop by and say hello. We will most probably be in Lot P2 for our pre-game tailgate. More info to follow.

I'll be going to that game stag (LurkingWife turns into a pumpkin that late on a workday). I was planning on taking the train and arriving before kickoff but if you guys are tailgating let me know. Maybe I'll drive instead.

No I actually turn into a royal bitch if I'm tired. He was just trying to be nice.

IF we are tailgating? Of course we are. 2 years ago we had 3 grills and 2 camp stoves. The food was OK. Only Spicy meatballs, ribs, chicken, rice, veggies, soda, water and plenty of Sam Adams. Oh, and chocolate cake and the rest of the deserts. We usually plan for a group of 30-35. Just remember, in the UK the British tailgate before their football (soccer) games is held in the nearby bars. Over the years, they not only look forward to the game but the excitement of the tailgate as well.

The UKPatriots have started to arrive in Boston for the game. A group of RTs attended the Bruins game last night, plan on some touring of the local pubs, etc over the next few days in the city, then heading over to the Courtyard in Norwood Sunday night and/or Monday morning.

We hope to be in Lot P-2 on game day for our pre-game tailgate. Our tailgate should total 35-40 Patriots fans (26 Rts and the rest friends).

So far, if all works out, Patriots Today will be at the pre-game tailgate, Gameday Magazine will do a story on the UKPatriots Fan Club (to be published in the Gameday Magazine for the Indy game on 12/4), and everyone should listen in to PFW on line beginning at 1:00pm on Wednesday, 11/23.

Anyone in who wants to come over on game-day and say hello, look for the Union Jack and UKPatriots flag.

Their seats are in Sec 121, Rows 7-8. Come over during the game and say hello.

I hope you have a great time!

My wife and I had one of the most enjoyable weeks of our life, when we went to the Pats game in London.

Enjoy!

Back