V

The effects were so cheesy I actually cracked up when the plane came crashing down at the beginning. It is going to be about low cut alien jumpsuits and unresolved teenage sexuality apparently so I might watch 1-2 more times but if that takes up most of the hour again , the hubby will be watching it on his own.:)

PS that anna V is GORGEOUS is she from Firefly?

I watched the pilot for the original on sci fi prior to watching it so the effects looked bad ass :p

I liked it. I didn't have high expectations, so that probably helped.

I found it better than 80% of the crap on TV right now.

It's nice to have a primetime show that isn't about former NFL stars learning to ballroom dance, or fat people crying because they only lost 5 pounds this week.

PS that anna V is GORGEOUS is she from Firefly?

Yeah she was the "companion" aka space whore. She looks even better in firefly.

I liked the first half, the second half seemed like they were rushing to get a lot of plot points jammed in there and ended up with a jumbled mess.

And WTF is with the traitor V guy and his human girlfriend subplot? Are we really supposed to believe that? That's light years beyond "interacial" and galaxies beyond "bestiality." I'm sure there'd be some sick freaks into that stuff (there always are) but this just seems like something they're forcing just so they can have a romantic/gross subplot.

I am surprised by the negative feedback. I thought it took the original, which I loved, and added some great points:

- The fact that the Visitors have been here for years infiltrating government and society only to destabalize it and make their eventual arrival all the more messianic is brilliant.

-This also leads creedance to the 5th Columnist now. In the original I found them kind of without motive, but now they are Visitors who have lived among us for years, come to know our culture, and had deep interpersonal relationships with humans. They now have a true motive for wanting to assist humanity. (And the whole interspecies relationship is a nod to the original which featured the birth of the first human/V hybrids)

-Love the fact that cheesy latex make-up has been replaced by cloned human tissue. Very modern and believable.

-I also like that the resistance has been aware of them for some time. The whole "internet crazies" are not crazy thing....

-Scott Wolf was much better than the original journalist (who was just annoying) and is much more conflicted and complex. Ambition vs. integrity.

I would ask if anyone who felt it was "rushed" has seen the original. I'm glad they didn't take too much time re-hashing what we all knew was coming and jumped right into the plot and action.

I liked it a lot and think this will become one of my top shows.

I do miss the pitch-effect on the Visitors voices though!

I liked it. I didn't have high expectations, so that probably helped.

I found it better than 80% of the crap on TV right now.

It's nice to have a primetime show that isn't about former NFL stars learning to ballroom dance, or fat people crying because they only lost 5 pounds this week.

Same here, after watching the V mini-series and TV series years ago, I didn’t know what to expect. Last night was a great start, my only hope is the writers do the right thing and say the series will end on such and such a date 3 or 4 years down the road and give us closure like the V mini-series did:thumb:

Thought it was OK, but it seemed really rushed, like they're hurrying to tell us the whole story too quickly. I'll keep watching it.

Meh...as has been said, it was like the plot was jammed down our throats rather than unfolding. The plane at the beginning was so bad I threw up in my mouth a little. Hopefully this as the 1st episode will be a stepping stone for some much better developments.

Back