Von Miller wants $22 mil a year from Broncos

I sort of agree, but the debacle on the OL wasn't just the tackle position. It was Stork having trouble returning from injury and his coaches not picking up on the "tell". It was one rookie guard in Jackson who was slowed by injuries late after a really solid start and the other, Mason, who just hit the wall and didn't perform very well in the postseason.

It was sort of a systemic failure, but losing Solder was the key to the unraveling and the backups in Cannon, Fleming and Klein were all terrible, imo and we definitely need fresh blood, particularly at tackle. No doubt about it.

I don't expect we'll get after that particularly early, either. I think Bill, Dante & Co. will go for developmental guys and expect that the status quo can hold up better with the return of Solder and a bit more experience in the middle.

I'm not looking for fireworks, because just about every OT in this draft is going to need to work to get regular reps and the guys rated in the top 10 don't really seem to have significantly fewer questions than the next 10.

I'll throw out the name of Stephane Nembot (yes, that's really his name) from Colorado. The dude is huge and athletic, but inexperienced and not that close to being ready for prime time. He speaks a bunch of languages so you figure he can probably learn the offense and Dane will try to do his thing. He's rated as a 7th rounder or so. I got to watching him this past year just because his name cracked me up and I became intrigued because he was pretty good.

Most scouts concede that there are no sure things at OT this year. Everybody has a few warts. My guess is one or two OLs and nothing prior to the 5th round.

The team that drafts Laremy Tunsil in the top 5 is going to have to pay him big money, hope he can really play and then has to worry about signing him again when he is in his prime and his rookie contract expires. Left tackle is one expensive position to deal with.

Let somebody else worry about that stuff. Just because last year became an ordeal is no reason to think Bill is going to chuck the formula out the window.
I am looking for a guy with upside, could play in October after Dante Bootcamp but most likely will play in 2017 as a starter.

I am a big "Year to Develop' guy on linemen, NFL Redshirt. It allows them to learn the game on the bench followed by a complete offseason to gain the strength they need to play at the level.

Nembot it is, Mikie buys in on name alone.

Here's my contribution:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016OG.php

Denver Kirkland*, G, Arkansas
Height: 6-4. Weight: 335. Arm: 34.63.
40 Time: 5.55.
Projected Round (2016): 3-4.

3/5/16: Kirkland played well for Arkansas as he was a tough run blocker. The Razorbacks used him at left tackle, but that clearly is not his home for the NFL as he struggles with speed rushers. Kirkland is a power guard for the next level.

8/15/15: When you watch Arkansas, Kirkland stands out as a mauler at the point of attack. The Razorbacks feature a power ground attack and have had success running behind their power right guard. Kirkland allowed only one sack as a sophomore in 2014 and had only three penalties on the season. He's a prospect who hasn't gotten much attention, but could easily rise.

Back