Von Miller wants $22 mil a year from Broncos

The inevitable disintegration of the Broncos begins. Pay him & Elway can't pay others. Don't pay him and lose a great player. BB would try to trade him or let him walk, then replace him. Let's see what Elway does.

As if this off-season could not get any worse for Elway, Miller reportedly wants $22 mil a year as a starting point. Could go as high as $25 mil. IF Elway, pays him that then he has really lost it. But man, I hope he does.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...er-extension-could-exceed-20-million-per-year

lets be serious here this off-season was not unexpected except by the dimmest of wits. Denver loaded up to win before manning retired and did it. kudos to them for not wasting time worrying about the future.

win, win now is the way to go if the window is closing. Every last one of us would love the Pats to load up and eff the future if it meant 1 or 2 more trophies before Brady is done.

lets be serious here this off-season was not unexpected except by the dimmest of wits. Denver loaded up to win before manning retired and did it. kudos to them for not wasting time worrying about the future.

win, win now is the way to go if the window is closing. Every last one of us would love the Pats to load up and eff the future if it meant 1 or 2 more trophies before Brady is done.

I believe the Pats have loaded up the last few seasons and as a result got a 4th trophy for Brady and could have been 5 last year if not for the injuries. I have loved their off-season so far this year and with Denver taking a step back, I see the Pats as the clear AFC favorite. But the best part is Bill is able to load up without mortgaging the future so the Pats will still be in contention after Brady hangs them up.

Pats have won 4 titles to Denver's one in the last 15 years, when did the pats ever overpay to do that?

I dunno if you can really say that BB has loaded up the Pats...I guess on a micro/scale when Revis and Browner were rented guns for a year. BB is almost too conservative sometimes. But, overall...you cannot argue the outcome(s).

Also, Elway should pay that man $25 million a year... :coffee:

Pats have won 4 titles to Denver's one in the last 15 years, when did the pats ever overpay to do that?

denver did not have a 15 year window with manning, kinda an apples to oranges comparison

I dunno if you can really say that BB has loaded up the Pats...I guess on a micro/scale when Revis and Browner were rented guns for a year. BB is almost too conservative sometimes. But, overall...you cannot argue the outcome(s).

Also, Elway should pay that man $25 million a year... :coffee:

Depends how you define loading up. Teams like the Fins load up every year and are cellar dwellers. I would much rather have Bill's approach of getting the best team together 1-53 to compete and make deep playoff run after deep playoff run.

denver did not have a 15 year window with manning, kinda an apples to oranges comparison

That is the whole point though. Bill's approach of managing the cap and putting the best team 1-53 out there has yielded 4 titles, 6 SB appearances and 10 AFCCGs. There is no reason to stray from that just because Brady only has a few more years left.

Depends how you define loading up. Teams like the Fins load up every year and are cellar dwellers. I would much rather have Bill's approach of getting the best team together 1-53 to compete and make deep playoff run after deep playoff run.

loading up does not have to mean the fins model of spending money stupidly, but it can be done like denver did to make a really good team for a short window before the salary cap catches up. the Pats model of putting a good team together and never risking the future is great when Brady and BB are young. But the window for Brady and BB is closing and i would gladly live with future salary cap hell to load up now...

That is the whole point though. Bill's approach of managing the cap and putting the best team 1-53 out there has yielded 4 titles, 6 SB appearances and 10 AFCCGs. There is no reason to stray from that just because Brady only has a few more years left.

Brady and BB are what makes this work, they are both nearing the end, to think the Pats will just roll on is ignoring the history of every dynasty in the history of the nfl.

Brady and BB are what makes this work, they are both nearing the end, to think the Pats will just roll on is ignoring the history of every dynasty in the history of the nfl.

That is your opinion. I believe as long as Bill is the GM of this team, it will be competitive and have a chance at titles. The key is sticking to their team building process as it has been the best in NFL history in the cap/FA era.

loading up does not have to mean the fins model of spending money stupidly, but it can be done like denver did to make a really good team for a short window before the salary cap catches up. the Pats model of putting a good team together and never risking the future is great when Brady and BB are young. But the window for Brady and BB is closing and i would gladly live with future salary cap hell to load up now...

If there is a good time to do that...it would be now.

What the Pats have done to date has already ignored the history of dynasties.

Eh, no. You may be a lone figure wishing that. No way would i want the team to risk screwing up the side for a following ten years just so they loaded up to get a last SB for Tom or indeed for Bill for that matter. Thankfully, the Patriots will never do that.

The concept of loading up is silly. It, in my view, means mortgaging the future to win now. How many teams do win now using that concept? Denver and then who? How many teams put themselves in cap hell?

The concept of loading up is silly. It, in my view, means mortgaging the future to win now. How many teams do win now using that concept? Denver and then who? How many teams put themselves in cap hell?

winning after-all is the goal is it not? brady and BB are nearing an end and mortgaging the future to put the best possible team on the field over the next 2-3 years is a viable strategy.

and to be honest me not caring about the post Brady BB time is kinda selfish because after they are done so am i, but that is a different discussion.

Quite a few, actually. Over the last 5 yrs, besides Denver, the Seahawks, Ravens and San Fran all put themselves in cap hell for a go at the SB. It worked out for the Seahawks and Ravens as well as Denver but look at the Seahawks and Ravens last year. Buffalo and the Jets thought they were close to toppling the Pats last year and went into cap hell in a futile effort. Miami has been in this discussion almost every year and Suh's signing deserves special mention. The Saints have thought they were close the last 3 years but where has it gotten them? Iirc, the Saints have almost 0 cap space. Somewhat earlier, Pittsburgh is another team that went for it, won it and has failed miserably the last few years bc of the cap.

That makes Seattle, Balt, NO and Pittsburgh as teams that have won the SB and failed afterwards bc of cap trouble. Some fell farther than others but all suffered setbacks. Miami, Buffalo and the Jets simply gambled and lost through a series of bad decisions and underestimating the Patriots.

Time will tell if Denver slips back a little like Seattle or a lot like the Ravens.

Damn he wants QBS money. He's wants a F*ck you pay contract. Let's see he's the genius broncos fans are saying about him.

Back