Watson to the Dolphins?

Settling is not an admission of guilt (unless part of the settlement involves an actual admission of guilt) any more than an accuser taking a settlement is an admission that he/she was just after money.

When you have the money to make problems go away, sometimes it's as simple as a cost/benefit analysis.

Settling is not an admission of guilt (unless part of the settlement involves an actual admission of guilt) any more than an accuser taking a settlement is an admission that he/she was just after money.

When you have the money to make problems go away, sometimes it's as simple as a cost/benefit analysis.
Disagree. If I was being extorted and innocent of what I was being charged of, there is no way I am paying the person trying to extort me.

Disagree. If I was being extorted and innocent of what I was being charged of, there is no way I am paying the person trying to extort me.
That's you. It's not the same for everyone, and not every case is clear in terms of whether you would be found guilty/liable or innocent/not liable. Sometimes it almost exclusively comes down to which witnesses are believed by the jury. Sometimes it might turn on something that was intended to be sarcastic or using something outrageous as humor or to make a point with hyperbole, but you're not sure whether a jury would understand that.

Sometimes making something go away is (or can at least seem like) the smart play, especially if it's disposable income to you.

There are a ton of situations and people are different. You're free to interpret a settlement how you wish, but I've had clients settle where I thought it was highly likely they would end up being found not liable. But the settlement and NDA accomplished more than a trial would.

And besides, people make up their own mind about a case regardless of the actual verdict. If it doesn't fit with their personal view, they just write it off as a stupid/corrupted judge/jury and piss and moan about the state of the legal system. Or am I wrong, and that doesn't happen?

Looks like after Rusty Hardin, who promised voluntary access to Watson's social media accounts, lied, and now a warrant has been issued to collect materials. I was reading more about the 20+ women who filed statements and this guy had some seriously creepy actions and requests from the women.

The bell tolls for thee:

Back