Watson to the Dolphins?

Do you honestly believe that? We've been told via their testimony in a federal court that Article 46 gives him unlimited powers. He can't pick up the phone and call the FBI who is investigating this, the local Houston PD and whoever else to be briefed on their current findings? He used the same excuse with the Ray Rice elevator tape, not that we had to see what Rice actually did. Everyone knew what he did. But, Goodell lies on a daily basis. If he isn't monitoring that, he absolutely should be.

I mean, it would be an enormous black eye on the league if 20 something women testify in court, all with the same kind of information from the experiences they've allegedly had with that creepy guy.

Kobe Bryant raped that gal and Roethlisberger did as well. Paying people off is an admission of guilt and Watson has stated he's willing to go to court. It's a huge mistake from his part to not pay them off, but maybe he can't because the women won't accept it? Those court proceeding are likely set for next spring.

I don't buy that any other team is as dumb as Stephen Ross to take such a problem on when it's quite likely Watson loses in court with so many women involved. The prosecution would have to completely blow it like in the Cosby case for Watson to get off. I am sure Hardin is encouraging him to settle.

The disgusting part of this is the money....Goodell cheats and protects certain players and teams for financial gain. It's the biggest story in sports history and the media doesn't do much to talk about it. Goodell made 128 million the last 2 seasons. That's why lies and cheats. Watson should be on the exempt list at the very least. Why does Antonio Brown go on it and Watson doesn't?

I know what the answer is....Goodell is a cheater.

It doesn't matter what you, me or anyone else believes. It only matters what Goodell says for now.

It doesn't matter what you, me or anyone else believes. It only matters what Goodell says.
Even if he lies and has to testify in front of Congress? It will certainly matter then if he commits perjury again. It's unlikely that committee will accept a payoff like the 2 judges he bought off for Deflategate.

Even if he lies and has to testify in front of Congress? It will certainly matter then if he commits perjury again. It's unlikely that committee will accept a payoff like the 2 judges he bought off for Deflategate.

The WFT case and Watson's case are not the same.

The WFT case and Watson's case are not the same.
There could easily be any kind of an email similar to the ones what were exchanged in the Washington situation. Colluding and protecting criminal activity is the parallel. If there is evidence showing Goodell working to protect Snyder, Watson, Ray Rice, Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, etc, Goodell is finished.

There was never a real investigation into Snyder. That's why the NFL did their own.

What's odd is he fired Jerry Richardson but didn't fire Dan Snyder. The question is, why? When the NBA learned of Sterling's outright racism, they fired him. Ya know, you've got 90% of the league as African-American. It'd be kinda bad for business if they protected Sterling.

I mean, he's done this sort of thing for so long, just because it's what he does, doesn't mean all kinds other email communication with other incidents wouldn't be seen. 650,000 emails? Do you realize what could be in that many emails?

Goodell said just yesterday that he had no information and no way to gain information from police that would justify a suspension or even an exempt list application for Watson because of the ongoing lawsuits and ongoing police investigations. The NFL is waiting for the legal process to conclude before they can begin their own look at it.

I read that article. I was not expecting anything since I don't expect anything to come out of it. Their bar is so low to do something right. Just my personal opinion of seeing multitudes of players and what did not happen to them.

I read that article. I was not expecting anything since I don't expect anything to come out of it. Their bar is so low to do something right. Just my personal opinion of seeing multitudes of players and what did not happen to them.
That could change:

"The NFL ought to be worried. The committee is the House’s main investigative entity. It has broad authority to investigate topics, including “any matter” within the jurisdiction of other committees."

That could change:

"The NFL ought to be worried. The committee is the House’s main investigative entity. It has broad authority to investigate topics, including “any matter” within the jurisdiction of other committees."

I guess we will see. The NFL is very powerful and the owners are billionaires.

After seeing them not stepping up to the plate on SO many occasions I guess I just have to see it to believe it. I just don't want one win here or one there. I want something implemented so this kind of crap, abuse, violence and more don't happen repeatedly. #pipedream I know I'm asking for a lot.

I guess we will see. The NFL is very powerful and the owners are billionaires.

After seeing them not stepping up to the plate on SO many occasions I guess I just have to see it to believe it. I just don't want one win here or one there. I want something implemented so this kind of crap, abuse, violence and more don't happen repeatedly. #pipedream I know I'm asking for a lot.
I get it. But, if Congress can go after MLB on roids when MLB was making more than the NFL was at that time, they can do it here, too. Goodell has gone so overboard with his "power", he truly believes he's untouchable. He has until Nov 4 to hand over a lot of documents Congress is demanding. What those findings show could trigger an avalanche of other investigations like how Antonio Brown was on the exempt list, how Watson isn't, and all the other inconsistencies Goodell has shown for 15 years. There are just so many examples of it, we can make a list of dozens of examples.

At some point it becomes consumer fraud. That's the exact case Congress had against Selig and MLB.

Goodell said just yesterday that he had no information and no way to gain information from police that would justify a suspension or even an exempt list application for Watson because of the ongoing lawsuits and ongoing police investigations. The NFL is waiting for the legal process to conclude before they can begin their own look at it.
I call BS.

My apologies if this was already posted. I really do not like this man one bit.

He is pure scum. For lots of reasons including this one. All one needs to do is understand that he does the biding of a block of the owners. The membership of that block can vary as we have seen.

None the less, he is pure scum.

Congress is probably getting involved because they have someone they want to target, otherwise nothing would happen. Billionaires within Congress and without protect each other unless someone wants someone's head.
This matches my observations over time as well.

Congress is probably getting involved because they have someone they want to target, otherwise nothing would happen. Billionaires within Congress and without protect each other unless someone wants someone's head.
What a commentary on our great Democracy

Right now Roger Dodger is sitting on
  • The WFT email mess
  • The DeShuan Watson problem
  • The Rams relocation disaster
He may have to fall on his sword for one of these (Rams) but don't feel too sorry for him, the hundred million plus he's made will cushion the fall.
and all of them put together, though far worse for many reasons, aren't talked about as much as a tiny amount of air in footballs was. this alone shows the toxic agenda of media combined with big biz.

Right now Roger Dodger is sitting on
  • The WFT email mess
  • The DeShuan Watson problem
  • The Rams relocation disaster
He may have to fall on his sword for one of these (Rams) but don't feel too sorry for him, the hundred million plus he's made will cushion the fall.
Yep. He's certainly a busy guy with the lawyers trying to hide behind the lies and deception they use to try to get the desired result based on financial goals.

Here's a good article calling into question why Goodell is protecting Waston. Goodell is using policy #1 in the Exempt List category, but not using policies #2 and #3.

This begs the question why was Antonio Brown forced off the Patriots and put on the Exempt List, yet after an incident in the winter of 2020, was he then allowed to still play in 2020? And, if he settled with his accusers (which he did), which is an admission of guilt of the charges, why was he not banned from the NFL after all he is guilty of, including assault?

Why would one player be given special privileges in a sexual assault case or cases, but only when he was off the Patriots? Hmm. We know what the answer is there, and some, like those in Congress might call that cheating. One of the key elements of Congress's look into the NFL right now is to see if teams are treated differently, which the answer to that is unequivocally YES. There is 15 years of evidence of this from Goodell.

Meanwhile, the evidence is damning against Watson here, worse than Brown, because it's upwards of 20+ women with almost the exact same story AND Watson never once solicited a male massage therapist.

What a commentary on our great Democracy
Yes, let's let oligarchs run around committing violent or sex crimes because they are wealthy and think they are above the law. That's a great idea to have.

Back