Watson to the Dolphins?

Other than in the court of public opinion, has he been found guilty of anything yet?
No, but his trial will be starting. You're going to trade for a guy with this kind of a pattern of behavior with women taking the stand in a court room? Why would any team do this and pay the cost to import something like this onto your team?

He would have already paid the 20+ women off if that was going to happen, but he himself has actually requested a jury trial.

He's clearly going to be found guilty in court, by the way. Bill Cosby's victims didn't get on a conference call either to frame him.

Seems to me it will come down to a he said-she said kind of thing..."I offered extra money and she accepted" Vs "No I didn't."
If any of these girls have a prior history...
The criminal investigations are ongoing and no charges have been filed.

No, but his trial will be starting. You're going to trade for a guy with this kind of a pattern of behavior with women taking the stand in a court room? Why would any team do this and pay the cost to import something like this onto your team?

He would have already paid the 20+ women off if that was going to happen, but he himself has actually requested a jury trial.

He's clearly going to be found guilty in court, by the way. Bill Cosby's victims didn't get on a conference call either to frame him.
You should have stopped at no.

Prior to this he had a squeaky clean image. Since no criminal charges have been filed this could very well turn into a multimillion settlement and completely swept under the rug.

Whenever the next scandal pops up this could potentially be completely forgotten unless there is damning evidence.

Prior to this he had a squeaky clean image.
Bill Cosby GIF

Bill Cosby GIF
Bill Cosby GIF
Bill Cosby GIF

Prior to this he had a squeaky clean image. Since no criminal charges have been filed this could very well turn into a multimillion settlement and completely swept under the rug.

Whenever the next scandal pops up this could potentially be completely forgotten unless there is damning evidence.
I am pretty sure the evidence will be the womens' own testimonies in court. This isn't 1 woman's claim. 20+ women. 20+.....That's the evidence. All with the same story. Have you read these reports? They're available to anyone per TX law and are available online.

Peyton Manning got away with it, too. He shouldn't have. His image was super squeaky clean, but sometimes power, status and money makes people think they can get away with things.

Last edited:
Seems to me it will come down to a he said-she said kind of thing..."I offered extra money and she accepted" Vs "No I didn't."
If any of these girls have a prior history...
The criminal investigations are ongoing and no charges have been filed.
So, 20+ women who don't even know one another all made up the same story? This was the argument by the Cosby defenders. That's a pretty weak defense.

What are the girls "prior histories"? What does that even mean? They're licensed physical and massage therapists that went to school to get a degree. These aren't strippers or hookers, dude.

TLP6,

I have deleted your post attacking another user and calling him names, and also deleted replies that quoted it.

You are also temporarily banned from replying this thread.

This post was a good example of how offensive you can be to others at times. You bring some good football discussion but you need to chill out on attacking people.

Feel free to PM me about it if you have any questions.

Now, back on topic please.

I have been hearing on the radio and now on a couple of the debates shows that there is a belief in league circles that Watson will not be suspended. That the NFL is looking at the games he has missed this year as time served. That is interesting if true and I would think may help the Texans can better compensation for him.

To your point, AB settled his civil suit out of court.

I have been hearing on the radio and now on a couple of the debates shows that there is a belief in league circles that Watson will not be suspended. That the NFL is looking at the games he has missed this year as time served. That is interesting if true and I would think may help the Texans can better compensation for him.
How is it time served if he keeps getting paid?

How is it time served if he keeps getting paid?
If he was on the commissioner exempt list he would get paid also. That being said, I think it's wrong and sends a poor message if he does not get suspended at all.

Maybe they were close to a trade. Maybe they never were. Maybe they asked Goodell if an exempt list is in Watson's future. Maybe it's posturing to get Houston to lower its demands.
At the least this puts the trade on hold for now.

Maybe they were close to a trade. Maybe they never were. Maybe they asked Goodell if an exempt list is in Watson's future. Maybe it's posturing to get Houston to lower its demands.
At the least this puts the trade on hold for now.

Must be doing wonders for Tua's confidence I'm sure. Last year he couldn't step out of Fitz's shadow. This year he is in the middle of trade rumors. He's kinda screwed here. That said, if he is able to rise above this and play well it might mean he isn't a bust after all. Of course, I sincerely hope that isn't the case, though. :coffee:

According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, the compensation in a potential Watson trade between the Dolphins and Texans has been agreed to. Miami owner Stephen Ross has even approved the trade, but the sticking point is that he wants Watson's legal issues resolved before it's executed. The only realistic way for that to occur prior to the Nov. 2 trade deadline would be if Watson settled his 22 civil suits. As McClain reports, however, Watson does not want to settle because he believes that would be an admission of guilt.

Before a deal is made official, Ross also wants to find out from commissioner Roger Goodell if Watson would be suspended under the personal conduct policy and, if so, for how long.

According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, the compensation in a potential Watson trade between the Dolphins and Texans has been agreed to. Miami owner Stephen Ross has even approved the trade, but the sticking point is that he wants Watson's legal issues resolved before it's executed. The only realistic way for that to occur prior to the Nov. 2 trade deadline would be if Watson settled his 22 civil suits. As McClain reports, however, Watson does not want to settle because he believes that would be an admission of guilt.

Before a deal is made official, Ross also wants to find out from commissioner Roger Goodell if Watson would be suspended under the personal conduct policy and, if so, for how long.
Unlikely Ross gets all those boxes checked before Tuesday. At this point, he needs to just pull the trigger and accept that Watson may miss some games or move off of the trade altogether.

If we are going by past incidences, I would say not for long if at all. He doesn't have a record of backing up people who get hurt all in the name of the NFL and the owners.

If we are going by past incidences, I would say not for long if at all. He doesn't have a record of backing up people who get hurt all in the name of the NFL and the owners.

Goodell said just yesterday that he had no information and no way to gain information from police that would justify a suspension or even an exempt list application for Watson because of the ongoing lawsuits and ongoing police investigations. The NFL is waiting for the legal process to conclude before they can begin their own look at it.

Goodell said just yesterday that he had no information and no way to gain information from police that would justify a suspension or even an exempt list application for Watson because of the ongoing lawsuits and ongoing police investigations. The NFL is waiting for the legal process to conclude before they can begin their own look at it.
Do you honestly believe that? We've been told via their testimony in a federal court that Article 46 gives him unlimited powers. He can't pick up the phone and call the FBI who is investigating this, the local Houston PD and whoever else to be briefed on their current findings? He used the same excuse with the Ray Rice elevator tape, not that we had to see what Rice actually did. Everyone knew what he did. But, Goodell lies on a daily basis. If he isn't monitoring that, he absolutely should be.

I mean, it would be an enormous black eye on the league if 20 something women testify in court, all with the same kind of information from the experiences they've allegedly had with that creepy guy.

Kobe Bryant raped that gal and Roethlisberger did as well. Paying people off is an admission of guilt and Watson has stated he's willing to go to court. It's a huge mistake from his part to not pay them off, but maybe he can't because the women won't accept it? Those court proceeding are likely set for next spring.

I don't buy that any other team is as dumb as Stephen Ross to take such a problem on when it's quite likely Watson loses in court with so many women involved. The prosecution would have to completely blow it like in the Cosby case for Watson to get off. I am sure Hardin is encouraging him to settle.

The disgusting part of this is the money....Goodell cheats and protects certain players and teams for financial gain. It's the biggest story in sports history and the media doesn't do much to talk about it. Goodell made 128 million the last 2 seasons. That's why lies and cheats. Watson should be on the exempt list at the very least. Why does Antonio Brown go on it and Watson doesn't?

I know what the answer is....Goodell is a cheater.

Last edited:
Back