Wesley Snipes: GUILTY! Gets 3 Years In Jail

I think its crap that Snipes went to jail for this. He has a clean criminal record,and from all accounts is a good guy. He actually wrote a check for 5 mil to the govt to cover intrest and back taxes to avoid jail time, they took the money, and still locked him up. There are MUCH worse things people do and get away with or get off easy. Simple house arrest shouldve satisfied the govt along with the 5 mil, I dont get it. He shouldnt have gotten off totally, but three years, c'mon.

I think its crap that Snipes went to jail for this. He has a clean criminal record,and from all accounts is a good guy. He actually wrote a check for 5 mil to the govt to cover intrest and back taxes to avoid jail time, they took the money, and still locked him up. There are MUCH worse things people do and get away with or get off easy. Simple house arrest shouldve satisfied the govt along with the 5 mil, I dont get it. He shouldnt have gotten off totally, but three years, c'mon.

It's because he's black.:thumb: I firmly believe this had something to do with it. JMO.

How much time of that 3 year sentence will he actually serve though?
I don't see him doing the whole time in a jail cell

He do six to a year in prison. Then be let let for god behavior and put on probation for the remainder of his sentence.

He's going to the joint because he pissed off the judge from the looks of it. Deny, Deny, Deny, Deny, then when his ass is indisputably in the sling he tried pulling the celebrity card with letters from other actors, and trying to write a $5 million check as a last gasp resort. Also, using the "I had no idea what my accountants were doing with my money" line is just horrible.

He screwed up and got caught, and some judge made an example out of him (Not a Blade fan I guess?) Personally, I think it is excessive and harsh, but Snipes asked for it in being so Brazen.

Good luck in Prison, Wesley Pipes! Just remember to stay away from the showers and ALWAYS bet on BLACK!

new_jack_city1.jpg

Back