What if...

I think you're onto something here. Bill is very aware of what the media writes and it affects him. Two weeks ago in response to a question about the next days' storyline, he said, "Nothing concerns me more than tomorrow's storyline."

You can look one that up. He said it, and it fits with what you're saying.

Probably JimmyG was healthy enough to start, but what if he did and played even better than games 1 and 2? Now we DO have a full-blown QB controversy. JG or TB? the questions will never end, and BB, realizing that, started BRissett. THe only problem is that Brissett played well in Houston, and the Bills, as you noted, suck. If Brissett put up a 50 burger, not out of the realm of possibility, then BB would be dealing with a 3-way QB controversy.

By not starting JG and keeping him from getting more momentum, and tamping down the Brissett excitement by playing to lose to the Bills, BB deftly avoided a QB controversy.

The man is a genius.

Thank you. I'm glad I could clear this up for you.

I'm sure you'll also recall how many Patriots fan yelled obscenities at us over the alleged "cheating."

For the record, I never called it cheating. I called it gamesmanship.

:coffee:

I wonder if BB and JMD had fully expected Garoppolo to be ready to go on Sunday and had to backtrack to Brissett and the vanilla game plan when Garoppolo couldn't go.

I suspect there could be some truth in that.

I think you're onto something here. Bill is very aware of what the media writes and it affects him. Two weeks ago in response to a question about the next days' storyline, he said, "Nothing concerns me more than tomorrow's storyline."

You can look one that up. He said it, and it fits with what you're saying.

Probably JimmyG was healthy enough to start, but what if he did and played even better than games 1 and 2? Now we DO have a full-blown QB controversy. JG or TB? the questions will never end, and BB, realizing that, started BRissett. THe only problem is that Brissett played well in Houston, and the Bills, as you noted, suck. If Brissett put up a 50 burger, not out of the realm of possibility, then BB would be dealing with a 3-way QB controversy.

By not starting JG and keeping him from getting more momentum, and tamping down the Brissett excitement by playing to lose to the Bills, BB deftly avoided a QB controversy.

The man is a genius.

:facepalm:

B/S/F just loves it. :coffee:

Cheers

Back