What if...

yackittysacks

Reaction score
BB actually called for this loss? I mean truly. Could he have directed his team take a humiliating loss? This takes the camera off of Brady. The team is gonna lose eventually. If Brady comes in to a perfect 4-0 then loses, there's some comparison by the media. BB put a QB controversy to bed before it happens. Not to mention, it takes everything off of Brady's shoulders. BB is crafty. I saw him take a safety for field advantage once. What if BB...

There is no way the BB would "throw" this game. He may not play starters once everything were wrapped up at the end of the season, but to think that he would order the team to throw a game 4 weeks in is ludicrous at best if not an out and out tin foil hat type conspiracy theory nut job speculation.
BB wants to win, period. He had two banged up QB's and put the least banged up out there. Things didn't go the way they planned and they lost. End of story.

Bill is a lot like Phil Jackson in the sense that he knows the only way to win is to have smart, mentally tough players. And you only get that by them learning on their own.

Jackson would never call TO's to "help" his team. Rather let let figure it out on their own. You have to break the cord at some point.

So no Bill doesn't plan to lose but after a certain point he let's the chips fall. Think of it like this. He thinks this lose can teach his guys more than a win. Instead of pulling out all the stops he knows this is a valuable moment.

Truth be told we played very well for the circumstances. Offense blew 2-3 opportunities with penalties and mistakes. Brissett has to understand the importance of that drive and situation. Missed fg. Edelmans call back. That's at least 17 points right there.

Defense was lazy and looked every bit lazy trying to tackle. I'll never understood for the life of me why guys over pursue running QBs. Slow down and wrap up, enough trying to get the big hit.

Credit Buffalo. They beat us fair and square with our 3rd string QB. Nothing more of less. As bad as we played we still had a shot.

Gronk situation is getting out of control. He either sits or plays 100% imo. I get last week. I get slowly bringing him along but the guy doesn't look even 50% healthy?

Anything is possible, but, I doubt it. The Pats played like shit in virtually every area...Bennett had a good game, but, that's about it.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Bill is a lot like Phil Jackson in the sense that he knows the only way to win is to have smart, mentally tough players. And you only get that by them learning on their own.

Jackson would never call TO's to "help" his team. Rather let let figure it out on their own. You have to break the cord at some point.

So no Bill doesn't plan to lose but after a certain point he let's the chips fall. Think of it like this. He thinks this lose can teach his guys more than a win. Instead of pulling out all the stops he knows this is a valuable moment.

Truth be told we played very well for the circumstances. Offense blew 2-3 opportunities with penalties and mistakes. Brissett has to understand the importance of that drive and situation. Missed fg. Edelmans call back. That's at least 17 points right there.

Defense was lazy and looked every bit lazy trying to tackle. I'll never understood for the life of me why guys over pursue running QBs. Slow down and wrap up, enough trying to get the big hit.

Credit Buffalo. They beat us fair and square with our 3rd string QB. Nothing more of less. As bad as we played we still had a shot.

Gronk situation is getting out of control. He either sits or plays 100% imo. I get last week. I get slowly bringing him along but the guy doesn't look even 50% healthy?

Jackson or Popovich (Spurs)... :toast:

Anything is possible, but, I doubt it. The Pats played like shit in virtually every area...Bennett had a good game, but, that's about it.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Jackson or Popovich (Spurs)... :toast:

That's the point. It's hard to believe that the Pats could be that bad in a game. It was just a thought.

Candidate for worst thread of the season.

No. Totally disagree.

While he might not be taking the right path, I think the Yakker is on to something that I've thought in the past myself. There seems to be times where, for whatever reason, BB seems to dial it back some. I'm sure there's a very logical reason behind it.

I don't know what sorcery you people have worked on the broncos fan, but sometimes teams just lose. Even the Patriots.

I don't know what sorcery you people have worked on the broncos fan, but sometimes teams just lose. Even the Patriots.

I get that but as good as the Pats have been for so long, then to see them so bad over night is odd. When I saw the Pats, down by 3 or something like that, backed up deep in there own endzone snap a punt out of the enzdzone, to take a safety for field position, then stop the Broncos and get the ball back and win. You never know.

The idea that an NFL head coach would essentially throw a game against a divisional opponent in week 4 simply to prove some kind of point is ridiculous and we have got to stop starting these threads after the Patriots lose.

I know some of you think he's infailliable and therefore anything that happens must be according to plan but sometimes, even BB loses. Without intending to.

BB actually called for this loss? I mean truly. Could he have directed his team take a humiliating loss? This takes the camera off of Brady. The team is gonna lose eventually. If Brady comes in to a perfect 4-0 then loses, there's some comparison by the media. BB put a QB controversy to bed before it happens. Not to mention, it takes everything off of Brady's shoulders. BB is crafty. I saw him take a safety for field advantage once. What if BB...

Tanked? No. Purposefully NOT build the perfect game plan? Crossed my mind. I bought up the Miami game in a different thread.

Hyperbole. It isn't even close.

No. Totally disagree.

While he might not be taking the right path, I think the Yakker is on to something that I've thought in the past myself. There seems to be times where, for whatever reason, BB seems to dial it back some. I'm sure there's a very logical reason behind it.

What OZO said. The entire effort seemed lackluster. Players and COACHES.

Again, Miami. No real reason why they did what they did. At least not one any of us know for sure.

I get that but as good as the Pats have been for so long, then to see them so bad over night is odd. When I saw the Pats, down by 3 or something like that, backed up deep in there own endzone snap a punt out of the enzdzone, to take a safety for field position, then stop the Broncos and get the ball back and win. You never know.

They were bad "overnight" because they were starting a rookie with an injured throwing hand. It was clear from the start that they were not going to let him throw downfield. And Buffalo banked on that. There was nothing over the middle, the running game didn't exist, penalties seemed to kill every good thing that happened and the kick return team F'd up two times in a row.

When they finally had to go downfield, it was clear why they didn't want to do that to begin with.

This was just one of those games that the coaches tried to manage as much as possible. Buffalo protected the ball and I have to believe the Pats figured Taylor would throw a couple of bad picks.

BB would not intentionally throw a home division game, unless it was week 16 and they had their seed secured or he was managing injuries, and if anyone listend to his press conference, he was clearly not happy.

The idea that an NFL head coach would essentially throw a game against a divisional opponent in week 4 simply to prove some kind of point is ridiculous and we have got to stop starting these threads after the Patriots lose.

I know some of you think he's infailliable and therefore anything that happens must be according to plan but sometimes, even BB loses. Without intending to.

Rep x1000. Again, silly thread. But hey it's Monday.

IMO, Buffalo did what was expected, and focused on stopping the run. Brissett was limited in what he could do. A low scoring game was to be expected.

The only thing that surprised me was that Belichick & McDaniels essentially rolled out an offensive game plan similar to what they did vs Houston. While it caught Houston by surprise, I didn't think it would work against a team that was ready for it, (thus I wasn't expecting to see it used again in the same way).

The surprising thing (to me) is that they were still in the game until the fumble by Brissett.

In any case, while I'd prefer that they go 19-0, I'm pretty happy to be 3-1 without Brady. I think most Pats fans said they'd be happy with that before the season started.

:)

Exact-a-mundo! Everyone has a bad day once in a while and coughs up a hairball. Sometimes the D bails out the O, sometimes the other way around. Sometimes a ball bounces wrong or a guy catches it with his helmet.

Any given day. BB says it but the media never pays attention: Every team in the NFL is good, and if you don't play your best, you are going to lose. Look at how the Bills played the first two games and the last two. The real Bills are somewhere in the middle, just like the Pats D is somewhere between how they played the first half of the Dolphin game and the second half, between the way they played against Houston and Buffalo.

At any rate, I thought we'd be 3-1 with Brady, Gronk and Nink playing. I'm fine with 3-1 as it stands.

IMO, Buffalo did what was expected, and focused on stopping the run. Brissett was limited in what he could do. A low scoring game was to be expected.

The only thing that surprised me was that Belichick & McDaniels essentially rolled out an offensive game plan similar to what they did vs Houston. While it caught Houston by surprise, I didn't think it would work against a team that was ready for it, (thus I wasn't expecting to see it used again in the same way).

The surprising thing (to me) is that they were still in the game until the fumble by Brissett.

In any case, while I'd prefer that they go 19-0, I'm pretty happy to be 3-1 without Brady. I think most Pats fans said they'd be happy with that before the season started.

:)

I know I am. :toast:

Back