What if...

Rep x1000. Again, silly thread. But hey it's Monday.

In your humble opinion, right? Caught many peoples eye and caused responses. Not all agree with you.

I don't for instance.

Have a nice day.

No. Totally disagree.

While he might not be taking the right path, I think the Yakker is on to something that I've thought in the past myself. There seems to be times where, for whatever reason, BB seems to dial it back some. I'm sure there's a very logical reason behind it.
Think about it, O.Z.O. You and Yak are ignoring the obvious: that BB was out-coached on a day the players had a bad game. Bad combination, but 'calling for a loss' as yakkityyak said, is just silly. Did BB tell Hogan to hold if Edelman broke one? Tell Brissett to cough up the ball? Tell Ghost to slice it? Did BB deliberately put in a bad game plan and tell his staff to sabotage the game with bad calls and bad side-line coaching.

That's too tinfoil hat for me, especially when there is a logical and obvious reason: BB was out-coached, just as he was against the Giants in the 18-1 season. It happens. Just because he isn't perfect doesn't mean he isn't the greatest ever. Lombardi, Walsh, Brown, they all lost games.

So, to summarize, some of you are postulating that Bill Belichick was so concerned about what the media would say about Tom Brady, that he deliberately tanked a home division game in week 4?

Don't get me wrong, Belichick's concern for the media's opinion of his team and players is well documented, but this still seems like a stretch.

So, to summarize, some of you are postulating that Bill Belichick was so concerned about what the media would say about Tom Brady, that he deliberately tanked a home division game in week 4?

Don't get me wrong, Belichick's concern for the media's opinion of his team and players is well documented, but this still seems like a stretch.

relax this whole thread is a joke, anybody who thinks even a little along these lines is touched in the head...pats had a bad game...shiT happens

Think about it, O.Z.O. You and Yak are ignoring the obvious: that BB was out-coached on a day the players had a bad game. Bad combination, but 'calling for a loss' as yakkityyak said, is just silly. Did BB tell Hogan to hold if Edelman broke one? Tell Brissett to cough up the ball? Tell Ghost to slice it? Did BB deliberately put in a bad game plan and tell his staff to sabotage the game with bad calls and bad side-line coaching.

That's too tinfoil hat for me, especially when there is a logical and obvious reason: BB was out-coached, just as he was against the Giants in the 18-1 season. It happens. Just because he isn't perfect doesn't mean he isn't the greatest ever. Lombardi, Walsh, Brown, they all lost games.

Didn't say he wasn't the GOAT, that argument is long passed settled as far as I'm concerned.

That being said, I've seen things like this often enough to make me wonder what the hell is going on at times. I mean, do you really think whatever jerk-off was coaching the Dolphins in week 17 last year out coached him? Do you think Chip Kelly outcoached him in that abortion against the Eagles?

All I'm saying is that, on occasion, BB has shown that he is not above a total head-scratching, WTF moment. Yesterday was such a moment. This guy exists on a plan far above and beyond what any of us can comprehend, who knows what was in his head? I've thought this on more than one occasion over the years.

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas"- BB

He does shift his coaching scheme and style to support or balance perceived strengths or weaknesses with his team and its performance regularly and often. Mid game. Mid series.

Sometimes the gamble does not pay off.

The idea that an NFL head coach would essentially throw a game against a divisional opponent in week 4 simply to prove some kind of point is ridiculous and we have got to stop starting these threads after the Patriots lose.

I know some of you think he's infailliable and therefore anything that happens must be according to plan but sometimes, even BB loses. Without intending to.

Remember that time the Colts went 2-14 when Manning sat out the year? I'm pretty sure it was at the close of that season that Luck was drafted, right? That was quite the coincidence.

:coffee:

:huh:

Remember that time the Colts went 2-14 when Manning sat out the year? I'm pretty sure it was at the close of that season that Luck was drafted, right? That was quite the coincidence.

:huh:

I'm sure you'll also recall how many Patriots fan yelled obscenities at us over the alleged "cheating."

I can only assume that for the sake of consistancy you all will be demanding the Patriots lose a first round pick over the alleged throwing of games and that the appropriate people within the Patriots organization be (figuratively) drawn and quartered by the league.

Personally I think the idea NFL teams are throwing games to be silly but I'm just a guest here so I don't make the rules.

The only time I think Indy actually may have thrown a game (and not by the players' choice)was Dungy helping Fisher out with some really weird in game decisions, forget the year but Fisher's QB was Kerry Collins and he said some things that suggested it was what happened. And I have no real proof other than that, and the fact it was weird for Indy to lose a division game, let alone to Fisher.

No I don't think BB threw the game or wanted an "L".
They did what they could with what they had and it wasn't good enough yesterday. They were outplayed. Kind of like the AFCC last year really.

I'm sure you'll also recall how many Patriots fan yelled obscenities at us over the alleged "cheating."

I can only assume that for the sake of consistancy you all will be demanding the Patriots lose a first round pick over the alleged throwing of games and that the appropriate people within the Patriots organization be (figuratively) drawn and quartered by the league.
Sure, if and when the Pats go 2-14 the year Brady goes away and we get the first pick in the draft...oh, wait, we have a plan for Brady leaving: having good backup QBs. Your plan was to tank a season.

And I don't recall people saying you cheated, only that you tanked games like an NBA team trying to make the lottery.

Sure, if and when the Pats go 2-14 the year Brady goes away and we get the first pick in the draft...oh, wait, we have a plan for Brady leaving: having good backup QBs. Your plan was to tank a season.

And I don't recall people saying you cheated, only that you tanked games like an NBA team trying to make the lottery.

Yet Luck sucks. The Colts don't even cheat as well as the Pats. :coffee:

we all have our perspectives...doesn't make us right or wrong.
Wut? This is the internet, right? Somebody'd gotta be wrong. Then somebody's gotta get mad, and then someone else has to make a nazi comment.

But I take your point. Didn't mean to sound dogmatic, it just seems so obvious to me. Sorry.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Yet Luck sucks. The Colts don't even cheat as well as the Pats. :coffee:
We're cheating cheaters who cheat. They're bumbling bumblers who bumble.

[/COLOR]We're cheating cheaters who cheat. They're bumbling bumblers who bumble.

LOL. I was over at Colts.com. As I am sure you can imagine it is a dumpster fire. I will just give you some of the thread titles for a good laugh:

1) Okay, now come tell me how we make the playoffs
2) Season is over
3)25% of the way through the season, the Colts are on pace to give up the 4th highest amount of points in league history
4) Imagine being Jim Irsay right now
5) 4th and one and you throw to stone hands

And my personal favorite ... "Protesting This Team."

As always, it is good to be a Pats fan. :patriotlogo:

I see you trolling.

:shake:

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

LOL. I was over at Colts.com. As I am sure you can imagine it is a dumpster fire. I will just give you some of the thread titles for a good laugh:

2) Season is over
3)25% of the way through the season, the Colts are on pace to give up the 4th highest amount of points in league history

No "Fire Grigson/Pagano!"?

I see you trolling.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

No "Fire Grigson/Pagano!"?

No. But within each thread you will find that sentiment often. Do you still visit there? Seems like so many of the old posters are gone. I don't recognize anyone anymore except for a couple.

2) Season is over

got to see this for myself

No. But within each thread you will find that sentiment often. Do you still visit there? Seems like so many of the old posters are gone. I don't recognize anyone anymore except for a couple.

I'll pop in there every now and again when you all get a little too silly, but it's been awhile.

A few more weeks like last week and I fully expect the torches and pitchforks to start organizing.

There are way too many roster issues (grigson) and performance issues (Pagano) for me to see this as anything other than an 8-8 team AT BEST. Pretty much the same issues we had in year one of the Grigson/Pagano era are still issues today. Our offensive line is still sketchy. Our defense is still terrible. We don't show up until the third quarter and we still can't run the ball for shit.

There is zero reason to believe any of these crippling issues will change under the current regime.

I see you trolling.

Huh? I was serious. Colts had no succession plan...oh, come on. Are you seriously telling me that your front office selected Painter to replace Manning? I know I called your team a bunch of bumblers earlier but even they couldn't have thought that Painter could continue the Colts winning ways.

Every team has bad days, as yesterday's Bills game attests, and a team could have a bad season, like the Steelers' 6-10 2004 effort, but since the realignment into the current divisions, the Colts averaged 11 wins per season, then won 2? By coincidence the year they had to replace Manning?
Yuh.

2002 10-6
2003 12-4
2004 12-4
2005 14-2
2006 12-4
2007 13-3
2008 12-4
2009 14-2
2010 10-6
2011 2-14

Back